THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Who does everyone use for email? I'm dumping Centurylink and will have Starlink this week. I will need a new email service.
    I maintain several email addresses through different providers. Yahoo, Gmail and Proton. Yahoo is the public account that gets used for sales. Gmail is a less public address and there are several Proton accounts that are private.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good Monday morning to ya folks. Been a minute. Life’s been busy.

Had a great aunt pass away, which made me remember I had a bunch of pictures of her family to send to them, I had completely forgotten about them with having a baby and all… But it reignited some genealogy research I had been doing a couple years back. So the Mrs. and I have been solving mysteries.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Had a great aunt pass away, which made me remember I had a bunch of pictures of her family to send to them, I had completely forgotten about them with having a baby and all… But it reignited some genealogy research I had been doing a couple years back. So the Mrs. and I have been solving mysteries.
    My condolences for your loss.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Sorry to hear about you great aunt. But the research you did will sure be invaluable to her family.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thank you folks. Unfortunately not as close as I would have liked to be with them, they live down south and have for decades, but I do cherish the times I was able to meet her and her husband. Only wish now that I would have started sooner in my quest to learn family history as she was the last surviving child and the only other, my grandfather died before I was born…

But I believe I have located a distant cousin that lives close that may be able provide some answers to people we are looking to name in some old photographs. Taking the honor of “keeper of the family photos and history” seriously. Truly interesting stuff.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster

Sorry for your loss, Rusty. Funerals are not fun.

My parents have started cleaning out their closets......big house, full basement. They have over 50 of those slide reels with 50+ slides in each of them???? My Wife wants to move most of them to digital format......:tumbleweed::tumbleweed::spend::spend::spend:......at least with old guns you have a blast!!!
    big PUFF of smoke......and a muzzle ball or mini ball to hit something......like a watermelon!!!!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I maintain several email addresses through different providers. Yahoo, Gmail and Proton. Yahoo is the public account that gets used for sales. Gmail is a less public address and there are several Proton accounts that are private.
    There is the concept of aliases in Outlook.com https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...look-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2

And you can torch the alias should you choose to.

Makes it pretty handy to have multiple email addresses with a single account (without needing to forward, etc), though you can create a rule and funnel all that email that was going to a particular email address to a particular folder, etc rather than inbox. Kind of handy for the scenario you and others have mentioned.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's pretty much the same as me. When setup right I like the Gmail interface the best (turn off conversations as I think that's dumb).
    I'm so used to using Outlook app at work, that the interface on Outlook.com works the best for me. I actually like conversation view as it keeps all the email together on a given conversation, like a forum thread for me. Not sure if it's the same from a gmail perspective.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    My parents have started cleaning out their closets......big house, full basement. They have over 50 of those slide reels with 50+ slides in each of them???? My Wife wants to move most of them to digital format......
    The public library in the next city has equipment for free use to digitize a variety of analog formats. Only investment is time to do it. Might check out libraries near you for similar services. In our case they will let you use equipment with an Indiana Evergreen card—does not have to be your local library.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom