THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If anyone was wondering, the EGW dovetail red dot mount sits ridiculously high. It looks like a mailbox sitting on a gun and I am afraid its going to be used for air mail delivery.

Surprisingly, though, it points very naturally.

Now, before y'all give me what fors about the appearance, this is an experiment with a few CZ's to see if I want red dots on them. If so, the slides will go off to AllenMs.

f1af92707d839e4dcbb55117e80ed113.jpg

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    If anyone was wondering, the EGW dovetail red dot mount sits ridiculously high. It looks like a mailbox sitting on a gun and I am afraid its going to be used for air mail delivery.

Surprisingly, thought, it points very naturally.

Now, before y'all give me what fors about the appearance, this is an experiment with a few CZ's to see if I want red dots on them. If so, the slides will go off to AllenMs.

This is my nightstand setup. Sig dovetail plate. Sits a little lower. Same idea, wanted to try RDS before committing to milling my slide.
    98A5368D-6D50-492B-B84E-E21E98BCC158.jpeg 22D97A69-6EE6-450D-A5AC-48120F271B66.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    If mine sat that low, I don't think I'd mill the slide.
    I am thinking about keeping this pistol as is because I never carry it but have been considering RDS for my EDC pistols and those I would have milled. I was pleased at how easy the sig plate was to install and it has needed no adjustment since initial sighting. Just wish they made this plate for something other than the Romeo1. That said, I have about 500 rounds down the pipe with this optic and no issues at all.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If mine sat that low, I don't think I'd mill the slide.
    I was very happy with how low Allen got the Romeo on my 75.

I have an FN 5.7, if you’re familiar it has a plastic shroud over the steel slide, the only options are dovetail mounts, and it really soured me on dovetail mounts.
    I’m sure a more normal gun is much more robust.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I was very happy with how low Allen got the Romeo on my 75.

I have an FN 5.7, if you’re familiar it has a plastic shroud over the steel slide, the only options are dovetail mounts, and it really soured me on dovetail mounts.
    I’m sure a more normal gun is much more robust.
    Truth be told, I am trying to avoid AllenM until this desire to have a 9mm 2011 passes.

Thanks, alot, @ChrisK :cool:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Sell your fridge - buy two. ;-)
    My fridge did not cost MSRP. My BIL works for Baileys discount and he checks and repairs the scratch and dent appliances. This was one of them. The freezer drawer door was run into by a forklift and was destroyed. He found one NIB on eBay and repaired it. We paid $2000 for a $4500 fridge.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    My fridge did not cost MSRP. My BIL works for Baileys discount and he checks and repairs the scratch and dent appliances. This was one of them. The freezer drawer door was run into by a forklift and was destroyed. He found one NIB on eBay and repaired it. We paid $2000 for a $4500 fridge.
    I need the hook up on a new dishwasher...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Here's that like new P220 I picked up, got the 19lb mainspring in today. I forgot how much trouble those early P-series are to change mainsprings especially doing it here with all my tools/vise in storage, had to have my wife help me wrestle that spring. The 19lb spring makes the DA pull just right in my opinion. Still have to put the night sights on it but it looks good with those Hogue G10's. I picked up a like new Kramer IWB off ebay too, this gun deserved leather.

vIZbZIYl.jpg

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

Surprisingly, though, it points very naturally.

I did the same thing with a 1911 for my first red dot. And I felt the same way. It sits really high. I actually had a tough time with it because looking down irons was natural and it was hard for me to pick up the red dot quick with it sitting high. I’ve since had a different 1911 milled for a RMR plate. It sits much lower and feels more natural to me.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just tell me what you are looking for. They get in LG, GE, Samsung and a few others. The usual price is 50% of what the stores are selling for.
    It's a GE...not sure about anything else. It came with the house. Stopped filling with water. I replaced the valve - didn't solve the problem. Can't decide if it's worth throwing money at it and chasing the problem or just bite the bullet and get another one.

20221120_175233.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Man, bought some sheets, pillows, a couple towels, a couple comforters and now I'm out as much as a new gun... :(
    Hmm, doesnt sound very fun. At least when you go to get rid of them down the road they will keep most of their val... Well at least you will get a good night's rest, much like what you would have gotten after buying a new gun.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It's a GE...not sure about anything else. It came with the house. Stopped filling with water. I replaced the valve - didn't solve the problem. Can't decide if it's worth throwing money at it and chasing the problem or just bite the bullet and get another one.

View attachment 237921
    Interesting! Our dishwasher went out tonight!
    It was leaking water so I went to open it up to see if I could see any problems. I opened it and it didnt stop running and was throwing very hot water everywhere, including on my face. I tried closing the door and it wouldn't latch, so I tried opening and closing the door to see if I could get it to latch and then the handle and the whole upper panel detached in my hand, and then water was coming out of the panel. I declared it was time for a new one. I found one one Facebook marketplace and Ive arranged to pick it up Sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom