THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’m enjoying all the Hi-Power pics and discussion. I didn’t know much about them until the last couple years. My wife and I really enjoyed the show “Blacklist”. A couple seasons into the show the main character, Raymond Reddington, switches his EDC from a 1911 to a Hi-Power which he keeps indefinitely. My reaction, “The Blasphemy! How dare he retire the 1911 for something else!”. I had to find out what this pistol is that replaced his 1911! I started looking it up and wow the Hi-Power is pretty cool! I was seriously considering one to add a “wonder nine” to my collection, until I met some CZ guys. I’d still like to have a Hi-Power someday though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Fondled one of these today with a grey cerakoted frame and black slide for $499. I was very tempted. I have a non-Ingo friend who has a FN made version that is really nice and he also has a clone made by FEG? I shot them both years ago, I remember the clone not being as nice to shoot.

Initial thoughts on your Girsan? I admit, I don't know much about these guns in regard to the internals and upgrades like sights, grips, etc.

One from today is this version:

View attachment 238078
    That's my favorite version, if I was to get one and just keep it stock it'd be that configuration. There's a ton of grips out there for these. Being a faithful clone they even copied the awful grips lol. Trijicon makes some decent replacement sights which is what I may do. I'll likely keep mine pretty stock, i'll rip out the mag safety and change the mainspring, grips, and sights. I haven't torn it apart yet but with just basic disassembly it looks pretty good so far.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Fondled one of these today with a grey cerakoted frame and black slide for $499. I was very tempted. I have a non-Ingo friend who has a FN made version that is really nice and he also has a clone made by FEG? I shot them both years ago, I remember the clone not being as nice to shoot.

Initial thoughts on your Girsan? I admit, I don't know much about these guns in regard to the internals and upgrades like sights, grips, etc.

One from today is this version:

View attachment 238078
    Here's a CZ connection:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I’m enjoying all the Hi-Power pics and discussion. I didn’t know much about them until the last couple years. My wife and I really enjoyed the show “Blacklist”. A couple seasons into the show the main character, Raymond Reddington, switches his EDC from a 1911 to a Hi-Power which he keeps indefinitely. My reaction, “The Blasphemy! How dare he retire the 1911 for something else!”. I had to find out what this pistol is that replaced his 1911! I started looking it up and wow the Hi-Power is pretty cool! I was seriously considering one to add a “wonder nine” to my collection, until I met some CZ guys. I’d still like to have a Hi-Power someday though.
    Hi-Powers are great guns no doubt. They have a mystique like 1911's, Pythons, P7's etc. But like those they are far from perfect but good guns nonetheless. HP's are my second favorite gun to work on/customize, not as easy to completely disassemble as a 1911 but once you do it a couple times it's not bad. You probably won't find a thinner full-size 15 shooter. Most full-size 9mm's today, especially the European ones are over-engineered. Here's a few of my favorites over the years:

16WWnIvm.jpg

bTUOFFom.jpg

s6D2vNHm.jpg

JWaBpQVm.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Morning all... :coffee:

What have you tried? Zantac and Pepcid complete are both good for immediate heartburn relief, if you can find some at a nearby drug store. Good luck.
    I have some of my wife's left over px from her pregnancy. She used to get real bad heartburn. I finally gave up, took some and got an hour nap before the 4y.o. woke up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have some of my wife's left over px from her pregnancy. She used to get real bad heartburn. I finally gave up, took some and got an hour nap before the 4y.o. woke up.

I've dealt with heartburn since my late 20's, so I can sympathize. I've been on a PPI (prevacid and now nexium) since just before I was 30 just to be able to get through the day. Hopefully you won't need to go that route and yours was just temporary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom