THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hi-Powers are great guns no doubt. They have a mystique like 1911's, Pythons, P7's etc. But like those they are far from perfect but good guns nonetheless. HP's are my second favorite gun to work on/customize, not as easy to completely disassemble as a 1911 but once you do it a couple times it's not bad. You probably won't find a thinner full-size 15 shooter. Most full-size 9mm's today, especially the European ones are over-engineered. Here's a few of my favorites over the years:

16WWnIvm.jpg

bTUOFFom.jpg

s6D2vNHm.jpg

JWaBpQVm.jpg
    I've only owned one HP over the years. I need to put another back in the collection some day

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I've stalked that ad since it was posted. It's only a dream at this point. It's wayyyy over budget. I did the semi responsible thing with available funds and stocked up on more ammo. Wife won't spend that much on me either. Doctor said I shouldn't sell my body parts. I have nothing to sell. No OT at work right now. Oh well.
    I had to sell 2 of mine to get the C2...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Evening all! Been a busy body since Saturday. Tried to keep up. I've stopped in for a quick sniff, but no lip service. Condolences and good juju spread as thick and as far as needed.

A bit confused, have we passed the "combine my bday AND Xmas present into one" angle yet? Just making sure we weren't leaving any bets on the table.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Current GB watchlist. And a Tisas 9mm Commander.

View attachment 238144
    If you’re thinking about a budget friendly 1911 Commander, I saw this one in the classifieds.

Edit: My bad, posted this before I noticed the location. Seems like a decent deal if it was closer.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My birthday being the day after Christmas doesn't have some bonus multiplier like a slot machine. Never has, never will.

The only Taurus I've owned in a very very long time WAS the TX22. And that will be the last one I ever own.

I don't have anything substantial that I want to sell. Do I have extra AR's and Sig 9mm pistols, sure do. The gun grabbers want those and that increases their value to me right now.

My wife sounded like she was game to buy me something nice, but I think I blew my chances because I got greedy and started asking about the used Staccato. She's now ghosting me about the subject.

And I was rewarded today with the start of a bad head cold.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    The only Taurus I've owned in a very very long time WAS the TX22. And that will be the last one I ever own.
    I’ve heard mixed things about the Taurus 1911’s but never owned one. Hope you feel better soon.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    My birthday being the day after Christmas doesn't have some bonus multiplier like a slot machine. Never has, never will.

I don't have anything substantial that I want to sell. Do I have extra AR's and Sig 9mm pistols, sure do. The gun grabbers want those and that increases their value to me right now.

My wife sounded like she was game to buy me something nice, but I think I blew my chances because I got greedy and started asking about the used Staccato. She's now ghosting me about the subject.

And I was rewarded today with the start of a bad head cold.
    My Mother's birthday is Christmas Eve, so for years she didn't get extra presents. Over the past 15 years, I make sure she gets a birthday present, and a Christmas present as well. The Birthday present is usually something Elvis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom