THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Morning all :coffee:
    Looking at power tools at Home Depot. They have several brands and I curious as to what brand you folks have experience with.
    Milwaukee.. but I also agree with mcapo.

I use them professionally. I am rough with them. I treat them as I would any other tool... they are worth every penny. So much so, I have 2 sets. One for my union job, and one for my side work.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Morning all :coffee:
    Looking at power tools at Home Depot. They have several brands and I curious as to what brand you folks have experience with.
    Milwaukee all the way for me, but even they make different grade levels.
    I can stand some of the lightweight stuff around home, but we have multiple 1/2” impacts, I buy the $300 sawzall and a $500 right angle drill for field work because it pays to spend that much, compared to breaking the lightweight stuff.
    There’s a few better brands out there, kind of elite, but having all the same battery is huge.

ETA; seed corn companies used to give away “free” hats, this year we scored a Milwaukee 1” impact that connects to your phone to adjust torque levels. More power than the 1” air by quite a ways.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Looks like a must buy for you!
    That is the one I fondled. Nice but need to hold off just a short while more. And I think I am leaning more towards a Massada, either semi-compact or compact if I can find a decent one once funds (and wife) are ready. But not ruling one out down the road. Maybe a full size Jericho in 45-now that would be a hoss!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That is the one I fondled. Nice but need to hold off just a short while more. And I think I am leaning more towards a Massada, either semi-compact or compact if I can find a decent one once funds (and wife) are ready. But not ruling one out down the road. Maybe a full size Jericho in 45-now that would be a hoss!
    A collection starts with one....

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Everything ready to go out tomorrow, much nicer than when I lived in the burbs.
    All three of the boys will be in the trees tomorrow. Hopefully, this is the year that my youngest son gets a deer with the "family first" deer rifle - a Rem 742 in 30-06. He would be the third generation to take a buck with that gun.

Best of luck to you!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

It's an interesting pistol. He said several times "silver finish" .... honestly, I'm not sure what that means, B2V ..... it is plated, or has it been ceracoated at some point ?

Also, he went too fast for me, when speaking about the 'safety'. (of course, I use CC for everything). But is it a decocker, with a typical double action/single action pull .... or is it an actual 2-positon safety ?

These are my questions, if you feel like educating me. :)

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    All three of the boys will be in the trees tomorrow. Hopefully, this is the year that my youngest son gets a deer with the "family first" deer rifle - a Rem 742 in 30-06. He would be the third generation to take a buck with that gun.

Best of luck to you!

That's a very cool scenario / family tradition, Bandit ! I, also, shall hope for his success. :alright:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Everything ready to go out tomorrow, much nicer than when I lived in the burbs.

I bet ... it will surely be nice for you to just walk-out your door ... and already BE in the great woods. Even with your fabulous firearm collection, LE, it's your large acreage that swells my heart with a bit of jealousy. My tiny 7ac. is fun, but your spread ..... my, oh my ! :wow:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    It's an interesting pistol. He said several times "silver finish" .... honestly, I'm not sure what that means, B2V ..... it is plated, or has it been ceracoated at some point ?

Also, he went too fast for me, when speaking about the 'safety'. (of course, I use CC for everything). But is it a decocker, with a typical double action/single action pull .... or is it an actual 2-positon safety ?

These are my questions, if you feel like educating me. :)
    The finish is similar to the Tanfoglio ‘wonder finish’. Kind of a matte stainless finish.

The safety is like CZ DA/SA safeties and my Tanfoglio Witness. Can manually decock and carry hammer down with first shot DA (safety on or off) or condition one with safety on, hammer cocked and SA first trigger pull. Not sure why they did this as my understanding is all official Israeli forces, police, etc. carry with an empty chamber.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The finish is similar to the Tanfoglio ‘wonder finish’. Kind of a matte stainless finish.

The safety is like CZ DA/SA safeties and my Tanfoglio Witness. Can manually decock and carry hammer down with first shot DA (safety on or off) or condition one with safety on, hammer cocked and SA first trigger pull. Not sure why they did this as my understanding is all official Israeli forces, police, etc. carry with an empty chamber.

OK, very interesting. Thanks ! Like you, I think that the Massada that you first spotted was a more intriquing pistol ..... is it still available, by chance ?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    OK, very interesting. Thanks ! Like you, I think that the Massada that you first spotted was a more intriquing pistol ..... is it still available, by chance ?
    There are 3 i know of, 2 compacts and 1 semi-compact. The semi-compact cosmetically appears to be the nicest, the 3 are within $50 of each other. Currently in negotiations with Mrs. B2V.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom