THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If you just want long range pictures, thus may be an affordable compromise. Says 1 mile range, YMMV

Amazon product ASIN B01B7OYN1Y
    For some reason Amazon links don't seem to work right, but when I went to reply to you, I saw the info in the reply quote.

I removed the [ ] to get it show below.

MEDIA=amazon]B01B7OYN1Y[/MEDIA

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    For some reason Amazon links don't seem to work right, but when I went to reply to you, I saw the info in the reply quote.

I removed the [ ] to get it show below.

MEDIA=amazon]B01B7OYN1Y[/MEDIA
    Amazon is experiencing my wife, your wife, and countless other wives over ordering for Christmas. It has "bogged" down their website......actually had a buddy call me yesterday, asking if I could get my wife to slow down. He was deleting stuff from his cart, and it would still be in his cart.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    gmcttr, I think you have the SME system? If so, do you like it? They have a 300-yard system for around $260.

I have the Longshot Target Camera 1 mile (now 2 mile) system. I "think" you can start with the 300yd system and add the repeater later for longer distances.

Inflation has jacked the price up since I got mine.

Looks like Midway (USPS) is dropping off some goodies today. Nothing terribly exciting, cleaning stuff.

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.

UPS is supposed to deliver a set of summer tires today for the mountain bike that I don't have yet.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    If you see a 40B…..
    No there was an overpriced Sp-01, fairly priced 50 & 70. No other CZ pistols. A very pretty stock 452, heavy 20” barrel with weaver scope for $550 and a 457 American in 17 HMR For $450.

Lots and lots of really expensive 1911s and snake guns. A fair number of S&W revolvers as well. Lots of stuff packed into a smallish space. As usual, not many bargains, especially ammo unless you are looking for rare stuff. Mostly a I need to get out of the house on a gray afternoon kind of thing.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    No there was an overpriced Sp-01, fairly priced 50 & 70. No other CZ pistols. A very pretty stock 452, heavy 20” barrel with weaver scope for $550 and a 457 American in 17 HMR For $450.

Lots and lots of really expensive 1911s and snake guns. A fair number of S&W revolvers as well. Lots of stuff packed into a smallish space. As usual, not many bargains, especially ammo unless you are looking for rare stuff. Mostly a I need to get out of the house on a gray afternoon kind of thing.
    My sights are set on a SW 66-no dash that auctions locally on Monday. I have a price - will bid late and get it or not...

I haven't been to a gun show in years and years (before gunbroker/armslists, etc. killed them off). Maybe with the increase in GB fees, sales tax and other "issues" maybe the gun show will have a resurgence.

EDIT: dang. already $675 with 51 hours to go. Why do people bid so early? Its kinda like going to the busiest restaurant in town on a Saturday when your reservation is for Monday. LOL From time to time, I will throw in a low-mid proxy bid and just let it ride but still...stay out of my auction wants.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    My sights are set on a SW 66-no dash that auctions locally on Monday. I have a price - will bid late and get it or not...

I haven't been to a gun show in years and years (before gunbroker/armslists, etc. killed them off). Maybe with the increase in GB fees, sales tax and other "issues" maybe the gun show will have a resurgence.
    I was not looking that closely but some of the big caliber revolvers seemed fairly priced and both old and new snake guns of all colors and sized barrels could be had. One guy had a display 3 tables long of nothing but highly polished engraved firearms. Very pretty and $$$$

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Got my tires. :lmfao:

EDIT: dang. already $675 with 51 hours to go. Why do people bid so early? Its kinda like going to the busiest restaurant in town on a Saturday when your reservation is for Monday. LOL From time to time, I will throw in a low-mid proxy bid and just let it ride but still...stay out of my auction wants.

You sound broken...and they bid early so you can act like it's gunbroker, drink beer and bid higher. GET IN THERE!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

I have noticed that at local auctions many seem to bid like there is no 15% buyers premium and end up paying more than GB prices.

Do not know your price but I noticed 66 of any vintage are crazy $$ when I was searching for a 357 wheel gun. There is this if you can stomach the price

EDIT: And its in your part of Indiana!

Any interest in a 13-2 or 28-2? https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/smith-wesson-pinned-13-2-and-28-2-357-magnums.529252/

or a consolation 40P?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    o not know your price but I noticed 66 of any vintage are crazy $$ when I was searching for a 357 wheel gun. There is this if you can stomach the price

Oh man, that's a beauty. It remnds me of my nickel model 19 .... the one that I let get away. :wwub:
    That model 66-no dash is as close as it gets. THE Bandit should buy it for me (since it resides practically in Canada) .... and I would reimburse him, and reward him handsomely. Give him ginseng tea and cookies when he brings it to my home .... ya I'd do that for sure !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have noticed that at local auctions many seem to bid like there is no 15% buyers premium and end up paying more than GB prices.

Do not know your price but I noticed 66 of any vintage are crazy $$ when I was searching for a 357 wheel gun. There is this if you can stomach the price

The market is all over the place right. I've been watching 66's for a couple years and the prices have moderated after skyrocketing. Lots more going unsold. The market is shifting....

EDIT: And its in your part of Indiana!

About as close to me as your house. lol Saved the link though; if I have any work in that direction, might be worth a look see. Thanks!

Any interest in a 13-2 or 28-2? https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/smith-wesson-pinned-13-2-and-28-2-357-magnums.529252/

Nice guns but I am very specifically looking for no-dash.

or a consolation 40P?

Thought about it....

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I am leaning towards guitar, and photos, as hobbies to improve upon.
    As a means of self motivation, I have a photo of my purdiest guitar.
    Now if I can stick to improving both beyond "dude you s***" level, I will be happy.

Attachments

• 20221210_163720.jpg
      20221210_163720.jpg
      225.3 KB · Views: 9

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Oh man, that's a beauty. It remnds me of my nickel model 19 .... the one that I let get away. :wwub:
    That model 66-no dash is as close as it gets. THE Bandit should buy it for me (since it resides practically in Canada) .... and I would reimburse him, and reward him handsomely. Give him ginseng tea and cookies when he brings it to my home .... ya I'd do that for sure !
    It is actually about 90 minutes north of me...but if you want it. Just say so!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Same seller...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom