THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning

Avatars can be just as confusing as screen names. I was confused when Hannabone didn't look like Rosie O'Donnell. And Hoosier45 used to have a picture of Johnny Noveske as his avatar, it was before I knew anything about Noveske, so I thought that was H45 in the picture.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning

Avatars can be just as confusing as screen names. I was confused when Hannabone didn't look like Rosie O'Donnell. And Hoosier45 used to have a picture of Johnny Noveske as his avatar, it was before I knew anything about Noveske, so I thought that was H45 in the picture.
    Only avatars I ever noticed were Printcraft's and vitaminK's. Scared me so bad I haven't looked at one since.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Happy Saturday all! Might mosey up to the Tipton gun show today.
    :coffee:
    Not a gun show, but I used to attend many native American pow-wows, and my favorite was in Tipton. As I became more known in their communities, I was even invited (and did) join in the sacred dance circle.
    Now, my knees wouldn't hold-up, but I was starting to get the hang of it !

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Morning

Back when I ordered my Noveske you ordered them directly from them. The person I talked to was John himself. He said that he would be the one that would be building it. Very nice gentleman.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    @gmcttr @mcapo and all of the tech savvy people in here.

Looking (very loosely looking) at downrange camera systems for seeing my targets at 200 - 300 yards. I currently have the ability to mount my phone on my spotting scope, but the image quality ends up not being ideal to see small bullet holes precisely on non-splatter targets.

gmcttr, I think you have the SME system? If so, do you like it? They have a 300-yard system for around $260.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102084972?pid=702197

It looks like top level F-class shooters are using the ShotMarker system out to 1000 yards. It's $799, requires a proper frame setup and has a 12-16 week lead time. That's probably way overkill for me, even if it looks awesome and appears to be very reliable.

https://autotrickler.com/products/shotmarker-one

I know we have plenty of tech guys in here, so I'll ask a super dumb question. Is it possible to somewhat easily use a smartphone downrange as the camera and use a 2nd smartphone or tablet back at the firing line to see that camera's view remotely?

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Looking (very loosely looking) at downrange camera systems for seeing my targets at 200 - 300 yards. I currently have the ability to mount my phone on my spotting scope, but the image quality ends up not being ideal to see small bullet holes precisely on non-splatter targets.

gmcttr, I think you have the SME system? If so, do you like it? They have a 300-yard system for around $260.

It looks like top level F-class shooters are using the ShotMarker system out to 1000 yards. It's $799, requires a proper frame setup and has a 12-16 week lead time. That's probably way overkill for me, even if it looks awesome and appears to be very reliable.

I know we have plenty of tech guys in here, so I'll ask a super dumb question. Is it possible to somewhat easily use a smartphone downrange as the camera and use a 2nd smartphone or tablet back at the firing line to see that camera's view remotely?
    Take your wife's or daughters smartphone, mount it downrange and FaceTime or zoom, etc. Or buy a cheap used phone and a pay as you go plan.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Take your wife's or daughters smartphone, mount it downrange and FaceTime or zoom, etc. Or buy a cheap used phone and a pay as you go plan.

He will need more data than that.

Shoot sequence, timing, pattern analysis, laddering degrees from mean, group size statistics.

Lol (sort of).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I knew someone that had the earlier generation sme one. It was a pain. Granted, it was being used at max and beyond distances.

I’m guessing the newer ones have improved.

I’ve looked very seriously at the Autotrickler one many times. The quality of the powder drop is over the top and at some point, I’d like to shot distance again with regularity .

What I really mean to say is:

I have not a clue but you should buy one.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

If you just want long range pictures, thus may be an affordable compromise. Says 1 mile range, YMMV

Amazon product ASIN B01B7OYN1Y

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom