THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I’ll throw this out to the group…

Short version: I’ve been thinking about changing my handle to streamline with other platforms I’m on. Is that something people do and not a big deal? Or a no-no, since everyone already knows me as Rainmaker?

Longer version: I originally signed up on INGO 11 years ago. But at that time my computer was my only device that would connect and I just never got on. I honestly forgot that I even signed up. Last year I went to sign back up and was reminded that I already had. I’ve been surprised how last 6 months I’ve really got sucked in to INGO culture and community. I shouldn’t have waited so long to get involved. On all other platforms I go by Firehawk. A long time ago I bought a Firebird Formula as project car that I’m redoing into a Firehawk clone. I’ve never really liked the Rainmaker handle and Firehawk is a lot more personal to my life now.

I recently found out Admin can change it. So change it? Or not a big deal and just keep it?
    I'm in a similar boat. Cookie was my calling turned nickname. Nowadays, my friends (freedom loving type) have dubbed me poet and it's stuck. I'm probably just going to leave my usernames alone. Yall know me as cookie, why confuse people especially since we associate each other through user names even outside of ingo... for the most part. :twocents:

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm in a similar boat. Cookie was my calling turned nickname. Nowadays, my friends (freedom loving type) have dubbed me poet and it's stuck. I'm probably just going to leave my usernames alone. Yall know me as cookie, why confuse people especially since we associate each other through user names even outside of ingo... for the most part. :twocents:
    Yeah, I get that and agree. But also I haven’t been known on here that long… so if I am going to change, earlier is better is right?

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    why confuse people especially since we associate each other through user names even outside of ingo... for the most part. :twocents:
    This is part of what got me thinking about the change, the nickname part. Firehawk is more than a handle to me, it has become a nickname that some family and friends even call me in real life and have for years. I wasn’t really considering it just being online, but getting more involved and meeting up with INGOers has me rethinking it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This is part of what got me thinking about the change, the nickname part. Firehawk is more than a handle to me, it has become a nickname that some family and friends even call me in real life and have for years. I wasn’t really considering it just being online, but getting more involved and meeting up with INGOers has me rethinking it.
    Same, people called me ditcherman some, just a generic term for what I do. It’s kinda become my identity, good or bad.
    I may need counseling, that’s why I joined up here.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    If you want to change it then go for it, we will catch on and adapt. If this was 10 years from now that would be different. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom