THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Anyone know about water heaters? The upper thermostat reset button keeps tripping. Water is getting way too hot. This morning i replaced the upper thermostat and both elements were replaced earlier this year. Is my lower thermostat bad or did i get another bad upper?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Anyone know about water heaters? The upper thermostat reset button keeps tripping. Water is getting way too hot. This morning i replaced the upper thermostat and both elements were replaced earlier this year. Is my lower thermostat bad or did i get another bad upper?
    I had a situation years back in a previous home, where an element was not burned through but had damage in such a way that it was somehow super heating the water (I suspect it was somehow arcing electricity through the tank) and would trip the upper thermostat. Not sure if the water heater had been dry fired or what to cause that.

Replaced the thermostat and it continued, until I pulled the element and saw a burn mark on it and replaced it and that fixed it.

No idea if that could be the same issue you have or not, but worth looking at your elements again.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Do you really like yours?

Yes, although I have no experience with the other systems.

Being limited (currently) to 200 yards, I find I rarely use it. With the power scopes I'm using, I have no problem seeing the holes. That may or may not change when HHRP completes the 300 yard range.

It did work well at the 1st SGE at the farm when I set it up on the 500 yard targets.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Having dinner with some buddies in indy tomorrow night. And I just found out I'm wife/kid free after 1130am... I have not had this much free time since I was single... I might go visit some fun shops in indy since I've never been... any good recommendations that are open tomorrow? I'm very unfamiliar with indy

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yes, although I have no experience with the other systems.

Being limited (currently) to 200 yards, I find I rarely use it. With the power scopes I'm using, I have no problem seeing the holes. That may or may not change when HHRP completes the 300 yard range.

It did work well at the 1st SGE at the farm when I set it up on the 500 yard targets.
    I'm going to think about it some more in the morning.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    I had a situation years back in a previous home, where an element was not burned through but had damage in such a way that it was somehow super heating the water (I suspect it was somehow arcing electricity through the tank) and would trip the upper thermostat. Not sure if the water heater had been dry fired or what to cause that.

Replaced the thermostat and it continued, until I pulled the element and saw a burn mark on it and replaced it and that fixed it.

No idea if that could be the same issue you have or not, but worth looking at your elements again.
    Never thought of that. Ill pick up a set of elements while I’m there. If the lower thermostat doesn’t fix it I’ll throw those at it. If it does, i guess I’ll have a spare set.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Having dinner with some buddies in indy tomorrow night. And I just found out I'm wife/kid free after 1130am... I have not had this much free time since I was single... I might go visit some fun shops in indy since I've never been... any good recommendations that are open tomorrow? I'm very unfamiliar with indy

USDS at 37 and County line is a nice little shop. The Outdoorsman in Greenwood, just past Smith Valley Road on 135 is decent. There are a few other nice shops around, but I don't know if they're open on Sunday. I'm sure some of the others here can give you more ideas.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Couple shops on the NW side of town. Haven't been in a while but I'll bet B2V has....

I have bought from each of them....

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Couple shops on the NW side of town. Haven't been in a while but I'll bet B2V has....

:+1: On Marksman Shooting Sports but they are closed on Sundays/Mondays. They only deal in used guns and they’re not a big store. But It’s hard to not spend money in there. They always have a tempting deal on something.

Morning Everyone! Busy day here with a Christmas program and boys basketball game.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

If you can get as far south as Bargersville, Honeycreek Tackle is worth a look and they're less expensive than the outdoorsman. Just south of town on SR135 next to NAPA. Unsure on Sunday hours.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

I'm about 95% done with the control arm project. What would have taken me 3 hours in my prime has become a 6 hour job. All that's needed is final torque and check before the wheels go back on. I'd have finished it last night but I hit my trigger finger with a rubber mallet and called it a night.

It should be on the road with a road test pretty quickly today once I work up enough gumption to roll around on cold concrete

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If you can get as far south as Bargersville, Honeycreek Tackle is worth a look and they're less expensive than the outdoorsman. Just south of town on SR135 next to NAPA. Unsure on Sunday hours.
    The outdoorsman has always been high in prices. They will sometimes deal but even some powders are going for $54 a lbs for what can be bought direct from the manufacturer online for $35.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks!

I'm about 95% done with the control arm project. What would have taken me 3 hours in my prime has become a 6 hour job. All that's needed is final torque and check before the wheels go back on. I'd have finished it last night but I hit my trigger finger with a rubber mallet and called it a night.

It should be on the road with a road test pretty quickly today once I work up enough gumption to roll around on cold concrete
    I have some Styrofoam fanfold that works great for laying on the cold floor. Rump insulation.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning folks!

If it makes you feel any better, I have a heated garage. But my wife parks her cars in there. I don't know where I was going with this, but there it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom