THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    The way I look at it, I can buy a gun from an INGO member, who needs the money for another gun or some other critical reason. I don't pay tax, I don't pay an FFL fee and my name isn't going on the aforementioned ILLEGAL registry. Oh and I get to meet another INGO member that I can shoot the breeze with while doing the deal. Downside is that I have to wait for what I'm wanting to buy to go on the market. It's not perfect, but it works for me.
    The only downside is the search, but that in of itself can be fun too...

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I like the display case!
    No clue what something like this should go for but likely not in my budget.

Speaking of budgets. P-07 for $399. Pick it up just for grins and giggles or pass. Not really looking for a polymerish pistol right now and passed on a polymer enhanced Jericho last week for $300.
    $399 sounds like a good deal. The P-07 is one of Honest Outlaws favorite guns. Someone else posted this here not long ago. Take one guess at #1 on his list.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Over the years, I’ve taken a bunch of new shooters out along with a selection of various guns to shoot. In almost every case, they came away liking the P07 over Glocks, 1911s, revolvers, steel frame CZs or whatever else we happened to be shooting that day. I recently did the same with my niece as she was wanting her first handgun and she ended up buying a P07.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm actually a little low on gun funds ATM. $400 I could scrounge up easily, $625 might take some doing. I'll have to think on this. Thanks for the link. Is the Duty version or newer version the one that has compatibility with P-10 mags?

Any P07 will run any P10C mag. The duty version also runs 75B mags

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder if a 9mm P07 barrel could be safely bored out for .357 Sig. You would have to run it in a .40 slide and might loose accuracy due to the smaller hood though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Last night, I started replacing front control arms on a ‘98 BMW 3 series. Parts arrive tonight and I hope to be done by Sunday night. The right outer ball joint is totally shot and was allowing a lot of play in that wheel.

This old car is the first BMW we’ve ever bought and it’s been in the family for about 23 years. It went from my wife’s daily driver to each of my son’s car for a number of years and finally came back to us about 2 years ago. It’s been sitting in the garage for most of that time but this summer I was inspired by Spicey to refresh it. It’s coming along nicely too.

One issue I’ve not figured out is a driveline vibration coming from the rear of the transmission. It’s forward of the center support bearing and comes and goes. The car is an automatic and has only 139,000 miles on it, so it’s fresh overall but in that range where an automatic might run another 70k or could go out next week.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One odd thing on this car is that when we passed it off to the sons, the front lower valance panels were all in place. Now, the under engine tray is missing as is just about every plastic panel and air duct under the valance. Some may have cracked and fallen off since they are all plastic, but it’s odd that all of them would have departed.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Good morning, Cookie, TD, Mcapo, WT, Vette, Ben, 88, Rainmaker, and MM! :coffee:
    Edit: and Haven!

I wonder if a 9mm P07 barrel could be safely bored out for .357 Sig. You would have to run it in a .40 slide and might loose accuracy due to the smaller hood though.
    You could experiment... Or... spend even less to buy one in .357 Sig.

MPX handguard dilemma. 10.5" or 14" handguard? Cover all but 2" of the can or leave 5.5" exposed....12" would be perfect but no available.
    Midwest Industries.
    Shopping is soooo hard....
    I have a 12" on my 16" 300 Blackout. I wish I'd gone down to 9-10" for where I hold my hands for hunting. So, I guess my question is, how far out to you need for your purpose?

With the recent rebate, I got a P-07 new for ~$450 after transfer. Still need to get it to the range. Not much spare time since I came to VA.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Last night, I started replacing front control arms on a ‘98 BMW 3 series. Parts arrive tonight and I hope to be done by Sunday night. The right outer ball joint is totally shot and was allowing a lot of play in that wheel.

This old car is the first BMW we’ve ever bought and it’s been in the family for about 23 years. It went from my wife’s daily driver to each of my son’s car for a number of years and finally came back to us about 2 years ago. It’s been sitting in the garage for most of that time but this summer I was inspired by Spicey to refresh it. It’s coming along nicely too.

One issue I’ve not figured out is a driveline vibration coming from the rear of the transmission. It’s forward of the center support bearing and comes and goes. The car is an automatic and has only 139,000 miles on it, so it’s fresh overall but in that range where an automatic might run another 70k or could go out next week.

Another connection ! My GMC Sonoma is a '98 .

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Any P07 will run any P10C mag. The duty version also runs 75B mags
    Really? huh.....having never owned one, I didn't realize they had mag overlap with my existing stock of mags.

So...if we are putting out "wants". The deal that went south for me was on a 40B. If anyone sees a NIB or excellent 40B - let me know. It is near the top of my short list now (for now - until the wind changes).

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good morning, Cookie, TD, Mcapo, WT, Vette, Ben, 88, Rainmaker, and MM! :coffee:

You could experiment... Or... spend even less to buy one in .357 Sig.

I have a 12" on my 16" 300 Blackout. I wish I'd gone down to 9-10" for where I hold my hands for hunting. So, I guess my question is, how far out to you need for your purpose?

With the recent rebate, I got a P-07 new for ~$450 after transfer. Still need to get it to the range. Not much spare time since I came to VA.

Good mornin', JEB ! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom