THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Had a gun buy go south today. Seller forgot he already sold it.

Now I am really motivated to buy something!!!

Have my eye on something shiny….we will see.

Never give up!

I've been there on GB, usually when you get something for a good deal. Seller just says it was sold out of store. I make a note and watch GB to see if it shows up again.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've been there on GB, usually when you get something for a good deal. Seller just says it was sold out of store. I make a note and watch GB to see if it shows up again.
    I have heard that.

This deal was an Indiana guy selling out a LARGE collection. He called me right away when he went to pull it for shipping and felt terrible. I think it was an honest mistake.

Happens...

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Exactly how I felt when I hit that link for the BUL Armory 9mm Commander 1911 earlier in the day. I had to fight off hitting the Buy Now button for about an hour before I closed the page and went about my day. While I would love to have one, I can't afford it right now and I refuse to rack up any more debt.

you can always shoot mine - but it's in 45ACP.!!

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good early Afternoon, all my CZicko Friends.!!

I am making my list of guns to put on the block, things I love and still don't shoot much

Things that I haven't shot that much at all, I've got a ton of extra AR and handgun items that need to get cleaned out of my Safe.

Anyway - look for that posting in the coming days.

I'm even kicking around selling my beloved Yamaha FJR - and just found out they are not producing anymore of them....wrong timing?

Anyway, I'll post the happenings here on the for sale guns and stuff FIRST so you all can get 1st dibs.

Keep an eye out.

have a great day peeps.!!

Last edited:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    "The One"?

On that list "the one" for me might be the SW52. Why? 38 Super. King of its Day. Probably nothing like it to ever be produced again.
    S&W 52 is a target gun in 38 Special and shoots ONLY full wadcutters. A great gun that is very accurate and mainly used for Bullseye competition.
    It is NOT 38 Super.
    38 super is a great and very underrated caliber and can be loaded to about .357 levels with a supported chamber.
    124 grain at 1450fps and I've shot thousands of them at those speeds in competition.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    S&W 52 is a target gun in 38 Special and shoots ONLY full wadcutters. A great gun that is very accurate and mainly used for Bullseye competition.
    It is NOT 38 Super.
    38 super is a great and very underrated caliber and can be loaded to about .357 levels with a supported chamber.
    124 grain at 1450fps and I've shot thousands of them at those speeds in competition.
    Thanks. My post was very incorrect.

Wadcutters is what I meant....late night posting....

Had a well used one back in the day before my SW purge. Is on the list of "ones to re-obtain" someday. Was an excellent gun.

Such a shame SW didn't/couldn't continue development of such metal frame guns but (insert lengthy dissertation market/manufacturing changing commentary here).

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    It is NOT 38 Super.
    Does 38 super (this time I mean super...) appear in competition much today on a national level?

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Does 38 super (this time I mean super...) appear in competition much today on a national level?
    Still quite a few shooting 38 Super and 38 Super comp( a rimless 38 super) but 9mm major has taken over because of the cheaper brass that shooters don't have to pick up after a match. 38 Super is easier to make major power factor and a little easier on the guns.
    I actually shoot 38 Super out of my competition revolvers at minor power factor. S&W made a 627-4 chambered in 38 super and I used one for years and now use a 929(factory 9mm) that I put a 38 super cylinder in and have been shooting it for several years now.

A public service note if you shoot at a range where USPSA competition takes place and see a 9mm round laying on the ground DO NOT pick it up and try to shoot it out of a pistol. It may or may not be a round from a open gun shooting major power factor and could damage your gun and/or you. Feel free to take it and pull the bullet and reload the brass and reuse the bullet but don't shoot a unknown round.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Still quite a few shooting 38 Super and 38 Super comp( a rimless 38 super) but 9mm major has taken over because of the cheaper brass that shooters don't have to pick up after a match. 38 Super is easier to make major power factor and a little easier on the guns.
    I actually shoot 38 Super out of my competition revolvers at minor power factor. S&W made a 627-4 chambered in 38 super and I used one for years and now use a 929(factory 9mm) that I put a 38 super cylinder in and have been shooting it for several years now.

A public service note if you shoot at a range where USPSA competition takes place and see a 9mm round laying on the ground DO NOT pick it up and try to shoot it out of a pistol. It may or may not be a round from a open gun shooting major power factor and could damage your gun and/or you. Feel free to take it and pull the bullet and reload the brass and reuse the bullet but don't shoot a unknown round.
    That's very interesting. I actually have a 686 in 38 super on my Gunbroker watch list. Probably will go for stupid money.

Yes. Good advice. Hard to believe people would chamber an unknown projectile but having ran a very small private range, I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That's very interesting. I actually have a 686 in 38 super on my Gunbroker watch list. Probably will go for stupid money.

Yes. Good advice. Hard to believe people would chamber an unknown projectile but having ran a very small private range, I shouldn't be surprised.
    *throws unknown round found at range in neighbor's trash can*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom