The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Speaking of CGW...My Pro Kit for the P-09 arrived this afternoon.

Stripped the gun down this evening and started swapping parts. When it came time to put the trigger back in, the trigger pin that was laid out was nowhere to be found.

Of course this started the 30 minute search. Moved everything over and over, looked on the floor, emptied the trash can twice. Checked the desktop multiple times and no luck. I was in disbelief. Trigger pins are not an item that disappears.

Having old eyes, I used a flashlight a few times working with the small parts and and continually while searching. Specifically, this flashlight.

View attachment 228599

And I finally found the trigger pin...

View attachment 228600

:wallbash::lmfao::wallbash:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that this type of thing has happened to.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had the scope off the 457 awhile back and hadn't gotten a chance to sight her back in until Monday. Did okay with a front bipod / rear bag setup. Group 6 was last adjustment. Verified on group 7 and decided to throw another 5 shots in there for 10 total. Wasn't really shooting for groups, but measured 'em anyways.

20221005_203059.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Speaking of CGW...My Pro Kit for the P-09 arrived this afternoon.

Stripped the gun down this evening and started swapping parts. When it came time to put the trigger back in, the trigger pin that was laid out was nowhere to be found.

Of course this started the 30 minute search. Moved everything over and over, looked on the floor, emptied the trash can twice. Checked the desktop multiple times and no luck. I was in disbelief. Trigger pins are not an item that disappears.

Having old eyes, I used a flashlight a few times working with the small parts and and continually while searching. Specifically, this flashlight.

View attachment 228599

And I finally found the trigger pin...

View attachment 228600

:wallbash::lmfao::wallbash:
    We’re not laughing at you, we’re laughing with…wait, not that either.

^what Haven said.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Sixty-one has also become a magical number in Yankees and baseball lore. Maris hit his 61st homer in 1961 in his 161st game, and Judge broke the record 61 years later in the Yankees' 161st game of the season.

Another numerical note: Judge wears the number 99. Maris wore 9.
    Also…. Maris was 37 when he broke the record. Judge was 30. Judge was born 7 yrs after Maris passed away…..37. I not a number voodoo whoohoo fella but all of that is just a wee bit odd!!!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Also…. Maris was 37 when he broke the record. Judge was 30. Judge was born 7 yrs after Maris passed away…..37. I not a number voodoo whoohoo fella but all of that is just a wee bit odd!!!
    We are not in a simulation

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Thought I had it made after I found the trigger pin, but NO, the world didn't let me off that easily.

Went to put the sear group in and it fought me all the way. I just did this with a P-07 a couple of weeks ago and was amazed how easy it was. Not this time. I finally got it installed, cocked the hammer and could not release it. The sear would not move. It took some time to discover the problem was the CGW "light" sear spring was too long and became coil bound before the the sear would release.

I've installed several CGW kits in CZ's before but this time it was a total cluster ****.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thought I had it made after I found the trigger pin, but NO, the world didn't let me off that easily.

Went to put the sear group in and it fought me all the way. I just did this with a P-07 a couple of weeks ago and was amazed how easy it was. Not this time. I finally got it installed, cocked the hammer and could not release it. The sear would not move. It took some time to discover the problem was the CGW "light" sear spring was too long and became coil bound before the the sear would release.

I've installed several CGW kits in CZ's before but this time it was a total cluster ****.
    So you are a Guru but not a Wizard?

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Don't you gangsters dare think that I'm getting soft in the head ..... it's not like I'm going to run out and buy an electric car .... heck no !
    But, the rather mature technology of solar panels, and a compatible electric generator fascinated me .... so I bought this little 300 watt outfit, with a 60 watt panel.

The setup provided a little extra fun yesterday. I ended up talking to friend in CA, while charging both the phone, and the LiPo battery storage device. After about 2 hours, both the generator and the phone went from 50% to 100%.

I was able to photograph birds at the same time, and felt like a real Renaissance Man (whatever the hell that is !). ;)

i-MZBNQm2-XL.jpg

Colorful, male crimson House Finch.

3H4A0826%20copy-L.jpg

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Don't you gangsters dare think that I'm getting soft in the head ..... it's not like I'm going to run out and buy an electric car .... heck no !
    But, the rather mature technology of solar panels, and a compatible electric generator fascinated me .... so I bought this little 300 watt outfit, with a 60 watt panel.

The setup provided a little extra fun yesterday. I ended up talking to friend in CA, while charging both the phone, and the LiPo battery storage device. After about 2 hours, both the generator and the phone went from 50% to 100%.

I was able to photograph birds at the same time, and felt like a real Renaissance Man (whatever the hell that is !). ;)

i-MZBNQm2-XL.jpg

Colorful, male crimson House Finch.

3H4A0826%20copy-L.jpg
    Great post all around!

I have a question about birds, and maybe how it could relate to all the numerical voodoo going on with baseball or whatever…

Seriously though a strange thing; you would be hard pressed to find a bird around here to photograph. My wife asked a few days ago where all the birds had gone, she was regularly filling the feeders, now nothing gone. Lots of trees in our yard and at the farm, always birds chirping away, more crows this year than I’ve ever seen, doves were plentiful, but now, dead eery silence. Thinking about it, I saw one dove yesterday jump off a post as I drove by, and saw a small hawk as I mowed last night.
    Anyone else? Any numerical baseball/presidential ideas? Are the cubs about to win the World Series?

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    Great post all around!

I have a question about birds, and maybe how it could relate to all the numerical voodoo going on with baseball or whatever…

Seriously though a strange thing; you would be hard pressed to find a bird around here to photograph. My wife asked a few days ago where all the birds had gone, she was regularly filling the feeders, now nothing gone. Lots of trees in our yard and at the farm, always birds chirping away, more crows this year than I’ve ever seen, doves were plentiful, but now, dead eery silence. Thinking about it, I saw one dove yesterday jump off a post as I drove by, and saw a small hawk as I mowed last night.
    Anyone else? Any numerical baseball/presidential ideas? Are the cubs about to win the World Series?
    Every time that happens at our place, there have been hawks hanging around. Wish they would concentrate on the chipmunks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom