The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I don't open carry and don't have any holsters I'd feel comfortable open carrying with. I'd want something with active retention and I'd want time spent with said holster before I go out in public with it. Personal preference, no knock on anyone else.

I do understand the tribute and it's admirable, most definitely.
    I understand your position !
    I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed any important info.....like the Lions Club always has a Clermont police officer stationed on the front door, and their policy is 'no guns'.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I don't open carry and don't have any holsters I'd feel comfortable open carrying with. I'd want something with active retention and I'd want time spent with said holster before I go out in public with it. Personal preference, no knock on anyone else.

I do understand the tribute and it's admirable, most definitely.
    I don't normally open carry either but have on occasion with the stock springer holster at the range and in the wild to feel more comfortable than not to use it. It does have active retention so that's a plus just kinda generic imo but it'll work.
    I do fully understand your position. Not trying to be argumentative or opinionated just trying to be warm and fuzzy :)

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't normally open carry either but have on occasion with the stock springer holster at the range and in the wild to feel more comfortable than not to use it. It does have active retention so that's a plus just kinda generic imo but it'll work.
    I do fully understand your position. Not trying to be argumentative or opinionated just trying to be warm and fuzzy :)
    Same here, was trying not to come off as being snobby.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I apologize if I missed this info, but in the Churchmouse memorial event thread, someone asked: "will the Lion's Club let us open-carry" ?
    Is there an answer to this question ?
    I normally conceal-carry, but thought that openly carrying (especially a mouse-touched piece) was being discussed as a form of tribute to Tim.
    I plan on carrying a 1911 OWB. I'll probably just have a shirt untucked over it, show it'll probably show somewhat. I haven't seen anything prohibiting carry. :twocents:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Dang..... I wanted my Springer to show. But, the younger gangster (known as T-DOGG) makes a good point with "active retention".
    I don't think that I have that type of holster.
    And let's face it..... this is a community clubhouse, and most likely, just about anyone could walk in off the street.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom