The CZickness XLVI...What's next my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    These are due to be released this year. Wish I could come up with a reason to buy one...Sako 100

View attachment 208571
    I have stated before, the persuit of happiness is the only reason reason you need.

Next thing you know, you will start with the, you dont need that kind of gun silliness.

Someone do an intervention, you know, in the persuit of happinesd.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have stated before, the persuit of happiness is the only reason reason you need.

Next thing you know, you will start with the, you dont need that kind of gun silliness.

Someone do an intervention, you know, in the persuit of happinesd.

You are not the first to suggest I need help.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I constantly have to service our kitchen knives as nobody understands how to actually use and care for them. We have a set of wood handle Chicago cutlery that CKW loves to use but they get abused so much. Knicks in the blades and the tip is missing from her favorite one. She has no idea how this happens. I say stop throwing them in the sink and dish washer. Use/clean by hand and restore to the holder. The holder is long gone so those knives are loose in a utensil drawer (:nailbite) and replaced by a very nice set of knives with a very nice holder that seem to get the same treatment.

I gave up trying.
    I hear you.
    We have a set of several Chicago Cutlery American Chef knives I bought back in the 1980's.

Like you, I use them, clean by hand right after use, dry them, put them back in the holder, and sharpen them occasionally.
    They still are in good shape.

But no matter how many times I tell Nancy to not throw them in the sink in the water and leave them BECAUSE it dulls the edge and waterlogs the handles, it makes little difference.
    I just have to "police" them myself.
    But she's still good to have around 99% of the time. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hear you.
    We have a set of several Chicago Cutlery American Chef knives I bought back in the 1980's.

Like you, I use them, clean by hand right after use, dry them, put them back in the holder, and sharpen them occasionally.
    They still are in good shape.

But no matter how many times I tell Nancy to not throw them in the sink in the water and leave them BECAUSE it dulls the edge and waterlogs the handles, it makes little difference.
    I just have to "police" them myself.
    But she's still good to have around 99% of the time. :)
    If one of her girlfriends told her the same thing about the knives as you she would listen to every word and follow to the letter.
    We all have the same experiences.
    And yes they are pretty cool to have around 99% plus.
    I can safely post this because I tell CKW this all the time…,:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Those CZ 1911s do look good but danged if they didn’t mess them up with front slide serrations. Putting serrations on the front of a 1911 is like putting a wing on the front of your Porsche. At least, they are vertical serrations. None of that crooked silliness to match the grip angle. :)

So, Bandit. When do you think they’ll get to your FFL? Will you be shooting those on Independence Day?

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Those CZ 1911s do look good but danged if they didn’t mess them up with front slide serrations. Putting serrations on the front of a 1911 is like putting a wing on the front of your Porsche. At least, they are vertical serrations. None of that crooked silliness to match the grip angle. :)

So, Bandit. When do you think they’ll get to your FFL? Will you be shooting those on Independence Day?

If those show up here - I am sure someone will be shooting them…doubt it will be me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom