Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    T-D you cannot wait around and decide. Not in this market. When you see the one you want put money on it right away. This market is nothing like it was pre-covid. Its ****ing insane.
    I'm aware of the market, remember I bought my truck last year. One of the biggest issues is dealers mixing in cars with issues into the mix of the good cars that don't have issues at the same price level (nothing new, I know). We have to do our due diligence and sort thru that crap and it makes it even harder when the car is 2-3 hours away. My wife found a car yesterday, then about crapped when she reviewed the carfax history on it. Multiple major crashes, hit about every corner of the car. There was another one she wanted, in fact almost bought it, until I looked it over. It was a total POS, had been stolen off the car lot last year, spike strips were deployed and tires had to be replaced along with bumpers not attached properly. And they still wanted top dollar for it. But it was a silver convertible...so there's that. I had to have a serious talk with the wife about looking for red flags and that one had a lot of them. She is more educated and has been scrutinizing everything since then.

In regard to the grey Mustang I was discussing; we were waiting on a purchase agreement from the salesman when he went ghost on us. We were ready to buy and told him we wanted the car. I told him we would get financing worked out and I would pick the car up today. I think some crap went down at the dealer, like previously mentioned. That is not on us and nothing we did wrong. But they're 3 hours away in Michigan, so not like I'm gonna drive over there and have an in-person meeting.

As a side note, all 4 cylinder EcoBoost twin turbo engines seem to leak from the right front upper timing cover area. Seems to normally be an issue with a bolt not getting thread sealant. We looked at a 2018 with only 50k miles and it was leaking. And I looked at a V-6 Mustang with 70k miles and it had a head gasket leaking oil on the driver side.

This morning the wife mentioned looking at Camaros again..... :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's quite a few T1X's on GB right now. I started looking at those after seeing the ridiculous prices people are trying to get for the 457 Pro's. I'm not going to pay 650-750 for a Pro when they were 550.00 all day long. I've seen a lot of the BMR's around but haven't decided if I like those yet or not, they just don't seem as 'substantial' as a T1X or Pro, can't really describe it.

I’ll check that route out. With how well the T3X works for me and after shooting SS’s T1X, I want to stick to Tikkas

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm aware of the market, remember I bought my truck last year. One of the biggest issues is dealers mixing in cars with issues into the mix of the good cars that don't have issues at the same price level (nothing new, I know). We have to do our due diligence and sort thru that crap and it makes it even harder when the car is 2-3 hours away. My wife found a car yesterday, then about crapped when she reviewed the carfax history on it. Multiple major crashes, hit about every corner of the car. There was another one she wanted, in fact almost bought it, until I looked it over. It was a total POS, had been stolen off the car lot last year, spike strips were deployed and tires had to be replaced along with bumpers not attached properly. And they still wanted top dollar for it. But it was a silver convertible...so there's that. I had to have a serious talk with the wife about looking for red flags and that one had a lot of them. She is more educated and has been scrutinizing everything since then.

In regard to the grey Mustang I was discussing; we were waiting on a purchase agreement from the salesman when he went ghost on us. We were ready to buy and told him we wanted the car. I told him we would get financing worked out and I would pick the car up today. I think some crap went down at the dealer, like previously mentioned. That is not on us and nothing we did wrong. But they're 3 hours away in Michigan, so not like I'm gonna drive over there and have an in-person meeting.

As a side note, all 4 cylinder EcoBoost twin turbo engines seem to leak from the right front upper timing cover area. Seems to normally be an issue with a bolt not getting thread sealant. We looked at a 2018 with only 50k miles and it was leaking. And I looked at a V-6 Mustang with 70k miles and it had a head gasket leaking oil on the driver side.

OK. I should have known you would be on top of this.
    It’s rough out there right now and unscrupulous sales people/dealers don’t help.
    You probably pissed the sales guy off when you got your own financing. That’s a revenue stream so I hear.

I like Camaro’s better myself.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    OK. I should have known you would be on top of this.
    It’s rough out there right now and unscrupulous sales people/dealers don’t help.
    You probably pissed the sales guy off when you got your own financing. That’s a revenue stream so I hear.

I like Camaro’s better myself.
    She is looking to put down about 3/4 of the amount with cash.

You should see the looks on the salesmen's faces when I pop the hood and get out my flashlight. Look the entire car over in 5 minutes for major issues, including looking underneath (which is hard with low ground clearance) and at tires/brakes. When I start doing that, they just go quiet...it's quite funny at times. I look for panels that are different colors, strange gaps in between panels, obvious signs of previous leaks or damages, etc. I know they aren't new cars, but I have to find something to either discard the car entirely or use as a bargaining chip. Especially on the top dollar ones, which is just about everything in Fort Wayne. Go about 2-3 hours away and you can save $3-$5k on the same car. It's amazing how bad it is up here.

A warranty administrator for a major transportation company is probably the worst person to sell a car to. :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN

We’ve got a drop top camaro on our lot. Little more that you wanted to pay.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    ......Especially on the top dollar ones, which is just about everything in Fort Wayne. Go about 2-3 hours away and you can save $3-$5k on the same car. It's amazing how bad it is up here.
    I can confirm this. FW is a tough place to buy a car. We have a only bought a vehicles local over the years.

I did buy my current not-a-real-jeep Jeep from Rusty's place and the price was competitive but that was also pre-covid.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I have missed so much in this thread, I think even the start. Just got back from India. Was there for a month. Got hitched. Now just trying to catch up on work along with the HB 1077 stuff that resulted in a giant time sink yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry to see you're having a particularly rough time, CM.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I have missed so much in this thread, I think even the start. Just got back from India. Was there for a month. Got hitched. Now just trying to catch up on work along with the HB 1077 stuff that resulted in a giant time sink yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry to see you're having a particularly rough time, CM.
    Welcome back and congrats!

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    All I can say is to get all of your debt paid ASAP, and that is for everyone here.
    Happy to say the mortgage was finally paid off this month, vehicles are free and clear, only thing left is the medical bills. That might take a while but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know the majors aren't looming over head.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Happy to say the mortgage was finally paid off this month, vehicles are free and clear, only thing left is the medical bills. That might take a while but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know the majors aren't looming over head.
    Wedding has delayed my debt retirement plans but by the end of the year, I hope to only owe a little on my daily driver. This may change if my stepmother needs to move into assisted living,

Medical bills....no idea. The hospital has been very slow in the billing the last surgery. We have had five years of major medical bills. I don't know the answer but there has to be a better way. One of the richest countries in the world should not have its citizens bankrupt by medical expenses....CZ

Everyone seen the new racing green CZ TS2?

1645714442581.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom