Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Helping my neighbor. Once he sells that he is well in the black and wont have to worry about finances for a while. Extended hospital stays are expensive.
    I am listing my truck this weekend. Since CKW has her wheels well in order now the truck will just set. No sense in letting it waste away. Done to much work to it for it to waste away.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    20 years back lightning blew up a red oak in the front yard. The light coming in the back windows was blinding. split rail fence sized pieces were all over. One went over the house and landed another 50' away. Same bolt traveled through the ground, came in through the electrical system ground wire and took out a small amount of electronics. A few years later a bolt blew all the bark off of two red oaks close to each other in the woods.

I love watching thunderstorms. Just not that close up.
    Years ago, I was working on a project with a friend, and we needed some materials. So we hopped in the car, my kid came with us and was in his car seat. As we were driving along lightning struck a tree in a front yard, not more than 20 yards away. The world went white, the electronics in the car got a little fuzzy, but we kept going.

That is the closest I have been to a lightning strike. Well, there was once where Lightning hit in the woods behind the house, but I am not sure where exactly.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Question...

I am getting ready (no smarta$$ comments on how slow that process is, tdogg) to construct a new garage workstation for a workbench and reloading.

What is everyone's opinion on height?

I was thinking something a little taller...maybe 40"?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question...

I am getting ready (no smarta$$ comments on how slow that process is, tdogg) to construct a new garage workstation for a workbench and reloading.

This depends on your comfort zone. It’s different for everyone. Get your favorite stool and build it to what fits while you are perched on the stool. I body stands and works in a gun.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This depends on your comfort zone. It’s different for everyone. Get your favorite stool and build it to what fits while you are perched on the stool. I body stands and works in a gun.
    Very true.

I tend to stand and was going for around elbow height or just a tad lower. Available stools accommodate standard or a few inches higher.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Question...

Depends. I like my benches tall enough to lean on so probably a 6~ inches lower than elbow height. But if you have a nice stool that could change it up.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Are you going to put a vice on it? 40" will put a vice too high for me.

All my old benches are 30-32" and made for sitting in a chair. One of the 32" ones has two vices on it and their tops are at 40" and 42".

The bench I got from dad is 34" high and works well standing or on a stool and with the vise on it.

The newest bench is 36" high and works very nice with the Tipton gun vise on it, with or without the stool.

Channeling my inner T-DOGG...get some better reading glasses grandpa and the bench won't have to be so high. :lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you going to put a vice on it? 40" will put a vice too high for me.

All my old benches are 30-32" and made for sitting in a chair. One of the 32" ones has two vices on it and their tops are at 40" and 42".

The bench I got from dad is 34" high and works well standing or on a stool and with the vise on it.

The newest bench is 36" high and works very nice with the Tipton gun vise on it, with or without the stool.

Channeling my inner T-DOGG...get some better reading glasses grandpa and the bench won't have to be so high. :lmfao:
    Ooooooooo that stings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom