1911 .... CZ .... that is all !

i-NJGxdt8-XL.jpg

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    We got some rain earlier, but nothing bad. I got to work in the garage and remove another broken bolt out of the ATV. I'm hoping that is the last one.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It’s 3:02 am and the power just came on about 15 minutes ago. Had to get up and plug in 2 freezer’s and 2 refrigerators that had been hooked to the generator. We had a micro burst here. Trees down all over.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Range results.

Ran 50 rounds of Lapua Center-X, RWS Rifle Match, SK Rifle Match, Eley Club and Eley Target today to give myself a current baseline with my new Caldwell BR rest and Protektor bags. Definite improvement in stability, however my shooting continues to suffer somewhat with the 457 and I can't figure out why. Might be time to take a break from it?

Anyways, the RWS Rifle Match is the recent $4.99/50rds deal that many of us bought. It's average today was only beaten by Lapua Center-X. Pretty happy with it and will continue to test. Not my best groups with the Center-X. SK and Eley Club did okay, Eley Target was a huge disappointment (I won't even post pictures of how bad, it was that bad). I've got sporadic cases of vertical stringing and flyers from multiple ammos and it's really frustrating me.

View attachment 162807

Onto using the Harrell tuner on the Tippmann rifle with CCI SV ammo. As anticipated, the rifle showed improvement using the tuner.

Using my own version of the Hopewell method, I started off by doing a rough grouping of 3 rounds fired in multiples of 10, for a total of 4 groups consisting of 12 rounds in each group. Example: #0 setting, fire 3 rounds, adjust to #10 setting, fire 3 rounds, adjust to #20 setting, fire 3 rounds, adjust to #30 setting, fire 3 rounds. After that, I figured out 0-30 had the least amount of vertical stringing, so then proceeded to break that group down further by shooting 5 rounds at 0/10/20/30. The #10 setting showed promised. So I broke that down by shooting 5 shots at settings 5-9 and then 11-15. Anything that showed promise, I shot another 5-round group to verify.

I ended up sticking with setting #9. It averaged .731" for 7 groups of 5-rounds. My normal average for the rifle was previously .818" with this ammo and my previous range trip was a .797" with this setup. It's not a huge improvement, but it's noticeable and I will test further to see if that average can drop more. I noticed the POI was fairly consistent with that setting too along with the locking collars on the tuner not loosening up as fast (typically after 5 rounds, the collars were loose again, not an issue with the 457 due to being a bolt gun).

View attachment 162811

View attachment 162812
    I'm not seeing the problem with these targets at 50 yards!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Where have you been? I bought a couple things from T-dogg and a couple things from JP already this morning. Was rough without you...

Sorry boss. I overslept. Neighbor's cat snuck in and played with the alarm clock, electricity blinked and reset the alarm clock, phone had a glitch and the alarm failed, took ambien to be sure I got a good nights sleep to be up early and help but didn't allow time for a full 8 hours, dog ate my homework.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom