Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    OK .... don't mean to be antisocial, but it's almost 2:30, and I'm beat !
    Later !
    Paying a plumber is cheaper than hurting yourself. But you are old enough to know your limits. Careful, amigo.

That pride stuff keeps me stove up about half the time. I still figure if I keep moving it'll quit hurtin' eventually. That philosophy is starting to make me doubt it's veracity.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Paying a plumber is cheaper than hurting yourself. But you are old enough to know your limits. Careful, amigo.

That pride stuff keeps me stove up about half the time. I still figure if I keep moving it'll quit hurtin' eventually. That philosophy is starting to make me doubt it's veracity.
    I’m right there with you. Spent 3/4 of the day yesterday installing a 6ft countertop and sink in the laundry room. Had to have a place for our freeze dryer. I’m still paying for it this morning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Czickoos! :coffee:

MM, we had a similar issue with the plumbing around the water heater and softener. When the plumbers came in for the kitchen work, I had the cut the whole mess out and replace with new and simplified pipes. We had the advantage of working in an open basement ceiling though with that

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I've learned a few years ago that some things don't get better by pushing through. Disc problems in back and neck are definitely in that category.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I've already spent WAY too much time (because I'm a rookie plumber) installing new valve stems, and various hardware into our downstairs bathroom.
    Trying to work on 67 year old plumbing is horrid..... I had a plumber last year look at this (while he was here fixing something else) .... and he just shook his head and declared "that's a real can of worms", and wouldn't give me an estimate.

He's right .... it's a horrible can of worms. Everything is frozen together with ancient lime / calcium deposits. EVERY part is frozen to it's attached part !
    I'm actually about 3/4 through, and haven't broken anything (yet). :rockwoot:
    But, I'm hating every minute of it. Being hunched over in a bathtub is not friendly to my ailing lumbar. I can only work so long, before I have to take a break. But you know ... pride, and all that. So, I press onward !

tub%20plumbing-L.jpg
    Is the 380 there for back up????......lol don't shoot the pipe!!!! ricochet could be a serious problem!!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    One boat down, one to go.....but the dealer is coming from MI to pick up the old 1994 battleship. It's easier to drive to Ft Wayne and back then just going one way up into Michigan. Goshen/Elkhart area sucks!!!!! They spent all that money redoing that area north of the Goshen high school, building the overpass over rail lines, but too much traffic... At least they will deliver the new one in the spring.....wife can't wait!!!!

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Looks like their still building RVs and motorhomes like crazy...... Don't think I'd want to be buying one of those in this economic/gas price/ covid restrictions climate we're in now.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like their still building RVs and motorhomes like crazy...... Don't think I'd want to be buying one of those in this economic/gas price/ covid restrictions climate we're in now.
    Actually, I think Covid is probably driving sales in that area. Folks deciding to take trips/travel but stay in their bubble and away from hotels, etc at the same time. Also, since some folks can work from wherever, one can work using a hotspot while traveling in an RV and seeing something besides their home office.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Morning all :coffee:

I have spent my morning getting all the smart devices to talk to my Alexa devices. They all worked up until yesterday and then they didn't. I learned a thing or two this morning and now have them back up and running. What a pain.

Good wishes and prayers for Rusty and family. Looking forward to pictures of the Lil Hornet.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning all :coffee:

I have spent my morning getting all the smart devices to talk to my Alexa devices. They all worked up until yesterday and then they didn't. I learned a thing or two this morning and now have them back up and running. What a pain.

Good wishes and prayers for Rusty and family. Looking forward to pictures of the Lil Hornet.
    I picked up some smart bulbs that worked for a few months, then stopped working. So I will be selling these and buying new ones. Because it has been so handy to be able to shut off the lights from another room when no one is in that room.

I will also add my prayers and good wishes to Rusty and family.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I picked up some smart bulbs that worked for a few months, then stopped working. So I will be selling these and buying new ones. Because it has been so handy to be able to shut off the lights from another room when no one is in that room.

I will also add my prayers and good wishes to Rusty and family.
    I found the issue to be that every device seemed to want a different app to do the initial setup. They don't all play nice with Alexa. I finally found one app that will discover and control all devices and as a bonus it is tightly integrated with the Alexa device. For those interested it is called Smart Life and is in the Google Play Store. The same thing is available for Apple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom