• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I found the issue to be that every device seemed to want a different app to do the initial setup. They don't all play nice with Alexa. I finally found one app that will discover and control all devices and as a bonus it is tightly integrated with the Alexa device. For those interested it is called Smart Life and is in the Google Play Store. The same thing is available for Apple.
    I'll have to check that app out. I mostly use my alarm system via alarm.com to do most of my lighting, etc schedules (for the devices that are Zwave enabled and use my alarm console as a hub), but I also have that as well as several other skills enabled and linked in Alexa for voice commands.

Then I have just a few of the Amazon plugs that are not zwave capable, for stuff like bedroom lamp for voice commands (most of these I don't use schedules, etc for, but I do have just a couple of schedules running via Alexa routines. )

It seems awkward at first, but once you get hooked on voice commands, it feels strange to actually turn on a lamp (especially when you have to walk across a dark room to turn one on).

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I have a couple of smart plugs and the rest are smart bulbs. I have settled on Cree brand bulbs. They run about $10 to $12 each on Amazon. They make both A19 and A21 bulbs. I have a 100 watt equivalate bulb that is the A21 size and it is a large bulb the A19's are normal sized.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a couple of smart plugs and the rest are smart bulbs. I have settled on Cree brand bulbs. They run about $10 to $12 each on Amazon. They make both A19 and A21 bulbs. I have a 100 watt equivalate bulb that is the A21 size and it is a large bulb the A19's are normal sized.
    I haven't done any bulbs. I've either used plugs (I have indoor and outdoor ones, and they are super easy as they just go between the device and the electric outlet. Made it super easy to retrofit the landscape lighting from dusk till dawn to being smart lights).

I also have used a couple of actual light switches that replaced the previous light switch. A bit more involved (just need to make sure to wire the neutral), but not much. I used the switch replacement for the porch light and the outside garage lights.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Jesse-Ventura-Predator-Quotes.jpg
    The line directly preceding this is exactly what I was thinking of.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I just dropped off my G21 at USDS for consignment. That leaves just 1 G***k in the collection.
    To think that I have more G***ks than you makes me feel like I need a shower... :lmfao:Please don't tell mouse.

I wouldn't mind a fairly priced Gen2 G19 but I may have missed the boat on fairly priced...

CZ...

POuUoJJ.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom