• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have 3 more to use. My wood stove is very efficient, my gas bill during the winter is only about $30 a month. Uses only outside air for the combustion. As such, it has no ash pan so I have to let the fire go out and clean it out. Only have to do that about every five days.

Looks similar to the Quadrafire I use, heats the entire house.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I love a good fireplace that operates as it should. I've dealt with some that are a constant losing battle.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Evening, folks.

Today I learned that the Stag LH upper won't fit in the cheapo Wheeler clamp-type upper vise. The 300 BO must wait for assembly.

Also swapped out my blue extended charging handle for one of the Radian Raptor-LTs in FDE on the 5.56 upper. I think it'll shoot a lot better now that the colors match.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    We're dog-sitting today and tomorrow so she has kept us busy. She's a very good dog but young and FULL of energy. Loves to run the backyard and chase squirrels. Rolled some 9 tonight. Probably a lot of folks out enjoying the weather while it lasts.
    I'd be 'round the fire if I wasn't at work. It is really nice out tonight.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Evening, folks.

Today I learned that the Stag LH upper won't fit in the cheapo Wheeler clamp-type upper vise. The 300 BO must wait for assembly.

Also swapped out my blue extended charging handle for one of the Radian Raptor-LTs in FDE on the 5.56 upper. I think it'll shoot a lot better now that the colors match.
    I've been using the Brownell's version of the Geissele reaction rod for a couple of years now. It works really well and costs half the Geissele....with a small trade off. The Geissele has a flat area that you can clamp into a vise. The Brownells version is different and will take a 1/2" ratchet in the end. So I use an old breaker bar and clamp that in the vise with the Brownells tool sitting on top it. Requires a steady hand, but I've used it with success probably 40-50 times (serious estimate). They're a nice alternative to the 2-piece clamshell design (which I still use on occasion).

*I suppose I should get smart and grind some flats into the tool, thereby eliminating the need for the breaker bar and loss of stability.

BROWNELLS

GEISSELE

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've been using the Brownell's version of the Geissele reaction rod for a couple of years now. It works really well and costs half the Geissele....with a small trade off. The Geissele has a flat area that you can clamp into a vise. The Brownells version is different and will take a 1/2" ratchet in the end. So I use an old breaker bar and clamp that in the vise with the Brownells tool sitting on top it. Requires a steady hand, but I've used it with success probably 40-50 times (serious estimate). They're a nice alternative to the 2-piece clamshell design (which I still use on occasion).

*I suppose I should get smart and grind some flats into the tool, thereby eliminating the need for the breaker bar and loss of stability.

BROWNELLS

GEISSELE
    Interesting. I had a bit of a tift with ALG recently, so I'd probably go with the Brownells version anyway. My only breaker bar is rounded for mechanics work (I'm not, but had to cuss at my station wagon while installing a starter). And of course, my barrel nut wrench isn't one of those huge all-in-one tools. I bought all little independent tools for the various purposes (it made sense at the time).

I saw some folks use a slightly different two-piece design.
    https://www.plastixrevolution.net/c...ocks/products/ar-15-upper-receiver-vise-block

(Audio quality ain't great)
    I usually use the reaction rod. Sometimes for slighter lighter work I will use these vise blocks...

These seem to be the same. How do you like them?

Don't talk dirty to me.
    I don't like how my hand still hits the metal on the handguard despite the sweet, sweet Manta defense M-lok rail guards. So I ordered up a little 550# test paracord in coyote brown to weave into the non-M-lok gaps on the bottomside of the 5.56 upper.

Only if you color match the ammo.
    Of course. I'm not an animal.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

(Audio quality ain't great)

These seem to be the same. How do you like them?...

They work well and I would buy them again. However I will always go to the reaction rod for barrel installation.

The Brownell version wasn't made when I got the Geissele and I too would want the flats.

A few more Brownells tools you didn't know you needed...

080-000-026WB
    .151" Diameter Alignment & Push Punch Brass (for trigger and hammer pins)

080-000-027WB
    .246" Diameter Alignment & Push Punch Brass (for the receiver push pins)

both found here...

Some version of this lower vise block...

080-000-662WB
    Ar-15/M16 Lower Receiver Vise Block

Whoops, there I go pimping again. It's cooling off out there and I want good tools in off the street.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They work well and I would buy them again. However I will always go to the reaction rod for barrel installation.

The Brownell version wasn't made when I got the Geissele and I too would want the flats.

A few more Brownells tools you didn't know you needed...

080-000-026WB
    .151" Diameter Alignment & Push Punch Brass (for trigger and hammer pins)

080-000-027WB
    .246" Diameter Alignment & Push Punch Brass (for the receiver push pins)

both found here...

Some version of this lower vise block...

080-000-662WB
    Ar-15/M16 Lower Receiver Vise Block

Whoops, there I go pimping again. It's cooling off out there and I want good tools in off the street.
    I have to tool that inserts into the BCG channel. You can use it with a 1/2@ ratchet to torque the barrel if you hold the nut with a proper tool in the vise. It is a very positive way to set the barrel.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    That Brownells rod is on sale for $37.99 vs $99 for the Geissele.

*I think I'll make myself a reminder to grind some flats into my Brownells rod tomorrow. Which means I'll never use it again after that....thinking of my auto repair days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom