88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Not sure what to bring. I’m at the “not bringing much stage” which usually ends up to be “I need a bigger trailer” stage.

Same boat here. Maybe the gala events are evolving away from being hardware focused though and are more about the friends and experience of shooting together. In the early days, I’d try to take most of the collection and would bring most home unshot.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had surgery to repair my ACL in my left knee. I probably shouldn't even be trying to do some of the things I've been doing. DR said about 7 months before it heals properly. Told me to take it easy. So when I tell him all I've been doing :nono:....
    So I'm probably not using proper judgment with my current cabin fever outbreak. However, it felt great to do something outside. They have a knee brace built for an Abrams tank for me if an Abrams had a knee of course.

Edit:
    Dr said normally he doesn't prescribe knee brace after surgery, but felt he better for me.
    This is kind of what I got on. When moving around.
    View attachment 158585

I had my shoulder done in 2018 and it was a full year to get back to normal.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I had my shoulder done in 2018 and it was a full year to get back to normal.
    I hope the knee is a faster heal. He said I'll quote "at my age" it takes longer than a younger man. I seem to be getting that now a lot "at your age" followed by some negative information. Or the "you can't do that anymore at your age"

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Trying to figure out a useful role for the Kidd 10/22 if it doesn't sell. I already have 2 semi auto red dot equipped plinking rifles and a 22 "precision" rifle with the 457. That's why I decided to put the Kidd up for sale.

:dunno:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Trying to figure out a useful role for the Kidd 10/22 if it doesn't sell. I already have 2 semi auto red dot equipped plinking rifles and a 22 "precision" rifle with the 457. That's why I decided to put the Kidd up for sale.

:dunno:
    A faster NRL22 rifle to gain lots of time on the 2 minutes AND not have to come out of position after every shot. You can flat out run the KYL rack and save your time for the 1/4" target, etc.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Fickle and bored do not mesh.

Decided to do an optical swaptical. Purpose: to cut some AR weight and test another sight in the field. The new Swampfox Liberty will go on the 6920, and the Romeo 5 from it went on the 30aw. Will need to order the appropriate mounting plate for the Arisaka mount. I appreciate the Sigs coming with the high and low pic base out of the box.

This will give me good feedback for a more "real" scenario (I love testing gear at deer season for many reasons). Mistakes are not so life costly vs a whitetail. I had success with the RMR type last year on this rifle.
    06c7c7677f53ef5e3ab6a801ec448779.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom