• Status
    Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    We had a great time with the kids today! Now some CZ stuff ;)

This is the Pre B sear cage and parts. Due to different geometry of the CGW hammer they have an adjustable sear. The set screw is to make the proper manual safety adjustment, then use red Loctite. They use their standard ad. sear with a spacer to equal the stock sear width. The Pre B only has one spring for the sear. A 75 B has a sear spring plus lifter arm & lifter arm spring (AKA F-Me Spring)! A 75 B Decocker adds the decocker lever and lever spring.

Cage sear (2)_LI.jpg
    Cage complete_LI.jpg
    75B decocker sear cage_LI (2).jpg
    75 B Decocker, extreme care must be taken with the F-Me spring so it does not get crushed. Then the decocker spring has to be set under the the lower leg of the decocker lever.

Last edited:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    In order of ease of assembly is 1. Pre B, 2. 75B, 3. 75B Decocker and last is the Phantom which is a SP-01 Decocker plus the Sear cage and trigger assembly all must be set in as a sub assembly in the correct order or you will be pulling it out of the frame to redo it!

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Nice write up Wizard. The pre-B looks like a piece of cake by comparison. I've never had the pleasure of working on one.

A word to the wise and uninitiated...if you are doing any work on a 75B/BD that will require disassembly of the sear cage, have a few F-Me springs in stock before you start. They are a standard part of my CGW orders.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

This is the Pre B sear cage and parts. Due to different geometry of the CGW hammer they have an adjustable sear. The set screw is to make the proper manual safety adjustment, then use red Loctite. They use their standard ad. sear with a spacer to equal the stock sear width. The Pre B only has one spring for the sear. A 75 B has a sear spring plus lifter arm & lifter arm spring (AKA F-Me Spring)! A 75 B Decocker adds the decocker lever and lever spring.

View attachment 144635
    View attachment 144646
    View attachment 144649
    75 B Decocker, extreme care must be taken with the F-Me spring so it does not get crushed. Then the decocker spring has to be set under the the lower leg of the decocker lever.
    The wizardmaster! More complicated than I'm comfortable working on. Nice diagram.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

View attachment 144635
    View attachment 144646
    View attachment 144649
    Part of the reason I do not care for the decocker models.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The sear cage is assembled, The set screw on the top left side of the sear is used to adjust the manual safety after full assemble then set with red Loctite. The Race hammer has the disconnector pinned in the front end and the hammer strut pinned to the rear with CGW hardened pins. The trigger bar just needs the CGW 85 trigger and reduced power trigger return spring installed using a slave pin to retain in place until the removable trigger pin is installed through the frame. Notice that the trigger bar is polished and smooth as glass without removing the tool marks! It is hard to tell from the angle but I give special attention to 14 contact points that are smoothed out.
    T bat sear.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The sear cage is assembled, The set screw on the top left side of the sear is used to adjust the manual safety after full assemble then set with red Loctite. The Race hammer has the disconnector pinned in the front end and the hammer strut pinned to the rear with CGW hardened pins. The trigger bar just needs the CGW 85 trigger and reduced power trigger return spring installed using a slave pin to retain in place until the removable trigger pin is installed through the frame. Notice that the trigger bar is polished and smooth as glass without removing the tool marks! It is hard to tell from the angle but I give special attention to 14 contact points that are smoothed out.
    View attachment 144675

This is why you are the THE Wizard and we are mere mortals.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning : My People..!!

Wife went to work @ 5am - so I guess I'm up too.

Cleaned both cars and went to Lowes for a 5-tier shelf for my ammo and range stuff organization.

My plan worked famously, even the wife commented on how good it looks. (*whew*)

Today is the Summer Solstice...the longest day of the year.!

Astronomy
    Sun Actual Time
    Rise 6:16 AM & Set 9:11 PM

Civil Twilight
    5:44 AM & 9:43 PM
    Nautical Twilight
    5:03 AM & 10:24 PM
    Astronomical Twilight
    4:17 AM & 11:11 PM
    Length of Visible Light 15 h 59 m
    Length of Day 14 h 54 m
    Tomorrow (Tuesday*) will be 0 minutes 2 seconds shorter

We now point to FALL, starting tomorrow.!!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

As a Father's Day present, my son took the wife and I up for a flight yesterday. Once up at about 3500 feet, he let me fly and would just feed me throttle settings, airspeed to maintain and climb rates. We went up to 7500 and just played among the clouds.

He took the controls back for the descent and landing. What a great afternoon
    c7e2f7b215888dc08e04bb3b60d6d8bb.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom