• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Good morning, everyone! Some rain here overnight. I apparently slept through the thunder and lightning.

I just ordered some mags from him, placed order on Sunday, 6/13, late evening. Mags shipped next day and I received them on Thursday, 6/17. I always check his site for mags and if he's competitively priced order from there.
    It'd be my first order through them, but I've heard only good things on the forum. It's even linked to in this old P-01 vs. PCR link I found when thinking about those: https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/talk-me-out-of-a-cz-p-01-pcr.449860/#post-7425265 I like the Omega trigger on my P-09 and the ambi aspect is compelling enough that I think I'll wait and get a P-01 Omega after getting a real job post-PhD.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I wish I knew enough to ask a decent question.

I'm thinking a Greg Cote order for CZ mags. Was also looking at a P226 (9mm) slide assembly on Osage's site. Currently, mine is only chambered for .357 Sig. Will probably just hem and haw and do nothing like I've been doing about a P-01.

The hand is attached to the hammer, when you cock the gun it rotates the cylinder. A small curved leaf spring attached to it, keeps the hand against the ratchet so you can shoot the up, down or sideways.:)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    cd1f2b59fbd78394880e1ea4cabab901.png

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish I knew enough to ask a decent question.

I'm thinking a Greg Cote order for CZ mags. Was also looking at a P226 (9mm) slide assembly on Osage's site. Currently, mine is only chambered for .357 Sig. Will probably just hem and haw and do nothing like I've been doing about a P-01.
    On a P226, you can just run a factory 9mm barrel and spring in a .40/.357 slide. The barrel dimensions are the same for all three calibers. I carry my .40 P226 with the 9mm barrel in the summer

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    The hand is attached to the hammer, when you cock the gun it rotates the cylinder. A small curved leaf spring attached to it, keeps the hand against the ratchet so you can shoot the up, down or sideways.:)
    Hmm. I have seen some of the leaf springs and all. But making the correct spring for a gun seems to be more trial-and-error.

On a P226, you can just run a factory 9mm barrel and spring in a .40/.357 slide. The barrel dimensions are the same for all three calibers. I carry my .40 P226 with the 9mm barrel in the summer
    Oh, really? That would save me a good $250 compared to buying the Mk25 slide assembly from Osage.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hmm. I have seen some of the leaf springs and all. But making the correct spring for a gun seems to be more trial-and-error.

Oh, really? That would save me a good $250 compared to buying the Mk25 slide assembly from Osage.

Very true, it has more in common with blacksmithing. Guys like CM and the CZ Wiz are real gunsmiths. Guys like Allen M. have the tools and skill set to make about anything.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Very true, it has more in common with blacksmithing. Guys like CM and the CZ Wiz are real gunsmiths. Guys like Allen M. have the tools and skill set to make about anything.
    Yeah, it's incredible, but I also think what you do is incredible to restore the old guns like you do. Just seeing what people like VermilionBird can do with basic tools just amazes me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hammer spring now working on the Colt 1849, have to wait until tomorrow to see if the JB Weld holds the new hand spring in place. After that it's reassembly and test caps.

When I screw up with JB Weld I always get out the methylene chloride, worlds greatest metal cleaner and material remover.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What originally held the hand spring in place?

There is a thin slot on the back of the hand that holds it in place by friction and it has no place to move side to side in the channel it rides in milled into the frame. That said, wear and old age make the slot larger so it doesn't hold the spring very well and it is sometimes lost as it was on this gun. You can use larger shim stock, but I find JB Weld does a good job and you aren't making the spring too stiff by using thicker material. We are talking about a part about half the size of a paper match.

I need to get some glasses like the CZ Wiz had in that pic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom