Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. I hate the HR of most companies for this practice. Salary ranges are way to broad at most organizations. You should have more salary bands, not fewer, in order to be able to class people more accurately. I think companies that allow their HR people to come back with lowball offers are only hurting their own organizations.

:thumbsup:
    One of my favorites is being up for a raise from a pre-existing agreement. The time comes and goes. NADA. So I back off of my efforts. Then I get the inevitable....:Whats wrong" question. You seem distracted.
    I tell remind them of our promises and I have met and exceeded my end. Their turn.
    The answer to this is always..."Well, we are not able to increase your pay at this time"

My response is always in the form of my truck being empty of my tools and gear. Me handing them the keys. They looked astonished and do not understand my leaving. Me saying I have had enough practice and expect to be paid well for my advanced skill levels as it is making them serious bank.
    With out fail the boss materializes and says we need to talk.
    I respond with "why now"
    He says maybe we can work something out.

Bite me. People will use you up if you let them.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    One of my favorites is being up for a raise from a pre-existing agreement. The time comes and goes. NADA. So I back off of my efforts. Then I get the inevitable....:Whats wrong" question. You seem distracted.
    I tell remind them of our promises and I have met and exceeded my end. Their turn.
    The answer to this is always..."Well, we are not able to increase your pay at this time"

My response is always in the form of my truck being empty of my tools and gear. Me handing them the keys. They looked astonished and do not understand my leaving. Me saying I have had enough practice and expect to be paid well for my advanced skill levels as it is making them serious bank.
    I respond with "why now"

Well put! People will try to squeeze every little bit out of you while giving you as little as possible. Not everyone is like this, but there are many out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well put! People will try to squeeze every little bit out of you while giving you as little as possible. Not everyone is like this, but there are many out there.
    The "Majority" of managers are exactly like this especially when they can see exactly what you are making for the company and their bonus is commensurate to that. Billed invoice numbers are easy to track.
    I had a book of work that followed me where ever I went. I seldom needed to work off the company's client lists. That was a huge plus in me finding a new job. Once it was known I kept myself and maybe 2 other techs rolling on my work it was easy peasy. What was fun in all of this is watching the new company try and steal my customer base. It was a given. I let my people know where I was going and usually they would all follow me. Then the sales staff at the new place went into overdrive to muscle me out. My people would get lunch's, golf outings, perks, you name it. They loved it and played the game well.
    In the end hard work and personal interaction paid off.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Guys, Henri needs you prayers. She is in the Laporte Hospital with COVID...I’m not allowed to go up and be with her. They are throwing a lot of drugs into her.
    Thoughts and prayers sent, along with hoping for a speedy recovery for her!

I respond with "why now"

Yep. I had to quit working for Anthem because they seemed like that at all levels. IU Health is like that too, but doesn't seem to be that way in my area, thank God.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    SGE grand prize for 5 center Xs.

See rules for limitations, restrictions and exclusions.

ae06c3a4329baaa8e9d15c1e68c08fda.jpg

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Very not bad! Which magwell do you use? I had some issues with an out of spec Zev. Ended up diagnosing a mag drop issue due to the well squeezing in on the grip frame causing drag. Plastic is flexible, who knew?
    Taran Tactical magwell and basepads.
    Heres the non CM friendly pic
    8829681C-1F4F-4C91-901C-A7CF4BC2923B.jpeg
    2E027A89-75A3-4DBF-9EF6-CCA7CD9C8D1B.jpeg
    Dont worry, everything is going to AllenM for cerakote once the trigger gets here aside from the frame and a few other bits. Tossing around the idea of doing some lightening cuts in the top of the slide similar to the P320X5L has. Im undecided though, ive never shot one with a lightened slide to see if it actually makes a difference. Plus then the cerakote would have to be redone.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I
    Taran Tactical magwell and basepads.
    Heres the non CM friendly pic
    View attachment 135685
    View attachment 135688
    Dont worry, everything is going to AllenM for cerakote once the trigger gets here aside from the frame and a few other bits. Tossing around the idea of doing some lightening cuts in the top of the slide similar to the P320X5L has. Im undecided though, ive never shot one with a lightened slide to see if it actually makes a difference. Plus then the cerakote would have to be redone.
    I'll have to try out the TT well. I use +0 aluminum plates on most of mine. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom