Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll have plenty at the SGE if you want to give it a try.
    Weird, you quoted WTB, but I had said that.....

Anyways, I already bought some from you and my Noveske really likes the stuff. But, do I want to spend $712 for 500 rounds, that is the question.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I bought the fancy one that I'm trying to sell in the classies for my fiancee to learn on, but having shot clays with friends who are of a similar stature to her, it's too large. So then I picked up a short(er) barreled, short(er) stocked 20 gauge. I'm selling the fancy one just because I don't need three Ithaca 20 gauges.

Good morning, peoples.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thought I had some but it's all 175gr. My 168gr SMK is Australian Outback. You're welcome to try both if you haven't already.

I have 60 rounds of the 175gr and had bought a box of the Outback stuff from you to test that the rifle didn't seem to like all that much. I do need to test both again now that the gun is shooting better, to verify. I might buy a box of the Outback from you if you don't mind.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Morning all... :coffee:

Very nice. Congrats to her!

I did that when I got hired onto the hospital 4 years ago. Was very up front with the salary I wanted. When HR called to offer my recruiter the job, they tried to lowball me by about $20k. I was pissed. I told him to tell the HR lady to match what I had said all through the interviewing and application process. I ended up accepting just under what I'd asked for, which was about $15k more than I was making at the time, so it worked out. Freaking HR... :rolleyes:
    My son has recently been going through some of this as he is about to graduate with his Masters and Bachelor's degrees at the same time. Been coaching him through some of it, but he's also been doing a great job on his own.

He had a few offers come in later in the process after he had a good one in the bank to gauge from and rely on. He had a couple come back a low ball after he went through their process and had provided what his requirements were, and they made a point to put in their offers "non-negotiable". So he declined them and accepted another offer which came strong from the beginning and which he negotiated a couple of additions and fell within his interests.

Then the ones who he declined and were supposedly "non negotiable" wanted to come back and negotiate. His blanket response on those was, that he had informed them what his requirements were during the process and based on their "non negotiable" offer, he had since made choices that would preclude him considering anything further from them.
    '
    I basically told him that these companies even asking him what his salary requirements are these days is an effort to low ball a college kid, rather than them putting a figure on what they know the job is worth to them.

Funny how all these companies say they don't discriminate and then try to persist lower pay for folks who will accept it because they have been getting less pay in the past, rather than actually set an amount on the role and pick the most qualified person for it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My son has recently been going through some of this as he is about to graduate with his Masters and Bachelor's degrees at the same time. Been coaching him through some of it, but he's also been doing a great job on his own.

He had a few offers come in later in the process after he had a good one in the bank to gauge from and rely on. He had a couple come back a low ball after he went through their process and had provided what his requirements were, and they made a point to put in their offers "non-negotiable". So he declined them and accepted another offer which came strong from the beginning and which he negotiated a couple of additions and fell within his interests.

Then the ones who he declined and were supposedly "non negotiable" wanted to come back and negotiate. His blanket response on those was, that he had informed them what his requirements were during the process and based on their "non negotiable" offer, he had since made choices that would preclude him considering anything further from them.
    '
    I basically told him that these companies even asking him what his salary requirements are these days is an effort to low ball a college kid, rather than them putting a figure on what they know the job is worth to them.

Funny how all these companies say they don't discriminate and then try to persist lower pay for folks who will accept it because they have been getting less pay in the past, rather than actually set an amount on the role and pick the most qualified person for it.

Yep. I hate the HR of most companies for this practice. Salary ranges are way to broad at most organizations. You should have more salary bands, not fewer, in order to be able to class people more accurately. I think companies that allow their HR people to come back with lowball offers are only hurting their own organizations.

Will bring it to the SGE if I don't see you sooner.

:thumbsup:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'll go ahead and embarrass myself a little with some more target pictures from Monday.

I got the 22 rifles out to 200 yards and had fun with the wind. The Tippmann had more hits on target, but I also fired a lot more rounds at that one since it was CCI SV. The 457 was with SK Rifle Match. From a 100 yard zero, I had plenty of elevation in the scope with the 457 thanks to the 30 moa mount. But the Tippmann has a regular mount, so I ran out of elevation in the scope and had to hold for an additional 2.5 mil of elevation along with holding for the wind too. Consistent 10-15mph winds along with 20mph gusts that change directions sure made for a fun time. Really, I mean that, I surprisingly enjoyed it.

Needless to say, my pattern looks bad, but I wasn't holding the same POA every time and was really just practicing for wind once I got the elevation sorted out. These are 7 inch targets.

20210414_100253.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...Needless to say, my pattern looks bad, but I wasn't holding the same POA every time and was really just practicing for wind once I got the elevation sorted out. These are 7 inch targets.

Looks real good to me for .22 LR at 200 in those kind of winds. :thumbsup:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Guys, Henri needs you prayers. She is in the Laporte Hospital with COVID...I’m not allowed to go up and be with her. They are throwing a lot of drugs into her.
    Dangit man. Prayers sent her way. She is a tough cookie and I know she will get through this just fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom