Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Damn, Reed. You're just having all the luck.
    I've been on a roll the last year+. Been making up for it with range trips when I do get a bit of sleep.
    Adulting is no fun. Kudos to the kiddo for advancing!
    She has been adulting for a long time. The kiddo is in her early 40's. Yep, I'm still old. :laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Thanks. She's be looking to get away from her current toxic job but wasn't going to take just anything to do it. The new place made her an offer Friday and she countered Monday. They accepted her number.

Very nice. Congrats to her!

I did that when I got hired onto the hospital 4 years ago. Was very up front with the salary I wanted. When HR called to offer my recruiter the job, they tried to lowball me by about $20k. I was pissed. I told him to tell the HR lady to match what I had said all through the interviewing and application process. I ended up accepting just under what I'd asked for, which was about $15k more than I was making at the time, so it worked out. Freaking HR... :rolleyes:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My only real interest right now is ammo. What to use, what to buy, what to sell/trade. Might put my 684 rounds of ZQI 7.62x51 up for sale/trade in the classies. :dunno:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'd like to find more of the Geco 7.62x51 168gr Match ammo that I got from Ammo Shop Online. Paid $1.15 per round after tax/shipping and my rifle loves it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, perfectly reasonable. Afterwards you kick yourself and wish you'd bought more. I did that with some Hornady ELD and found out my rifle didn't like it, so I ended up glad I only bought 200 rounds, especially since it was $2.50 a round... :faint:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There was a brief discussion previously about the IMI 77gr 5.56 ammo and concerns about it having issues and blowing primers out. During some research last night, I found several different discussions mention that IMI used to have that round loaded too hot and dialed it down a few years back. I don't have exact dates, but that would coincide with the concerns that MM had expressed and I know that TT had also mentioned it to me previously. So it sounds like current production, within the last few years, should have no issues.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    .. I did that with some Hornady ELD and found out my rifle didn't like it, so I ended up glad I only bought 200 rounds...
    I can't remember, what have you found your Bergara likes?

There was a brief discussion previously about the IMI 77gr 5.56 ammo...

I'll have plenty at the SGE if you want to give it a try.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom