Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Done with the equinox finally. Test drove it about an hour ago, just got everything cleaned up. Time to clean myself up and get some dinner. Had it all out and sub frame sitting in my shed ready to swap engines at about 1am. Started back on it about 9 this morning, Im wore smooth out.

That aint good WT, did you overdo it doing something? Usually the pain gets better not worse.

Also i picked up a hard case at HF yesterday its the 3800 series, Mrs.BRC plucked all the foam earlier and i think it turned out good. I wanted a case i could leave locked up in the truck so i can go straight to the range after work. Left slot will fit pretty much any of my full size guns, right slot fits my EDC. The top mags are my 26 training mags, bottom ones fit the full size. I like it.
    View attachment 135182
    That is beautiful.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Done with the equinox finally. Test drove it about an hour ago, just got everything cleaned up. Time to clean myself up and get some dinner. Had it all out and sub frame sitting in my shed ready to swap engines at about 1am. Started back on it about 9 this morning, Im wore smooth out.

That aint good WT, did you overdo it doing something? Usually the pain gets better not worse.

Also i picked up a hard case at HF yesterday its the 3800 series, Mrs.BRC plucked all the foam earlier and i think it turned out good. I wanted a case i could leave locked up in the truck so i can go straight to the range after work. Left slot will fit pretty much any of my full size guns, right slot fits my EDC. The top mags are my 26 training mags, bottom ones fit the full size. I like it.
    View attachment 135182
    Man you are a machine.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a reasonably good day today. Yesterday, when doing demo on the kitchen, I had to shut the water off for a while as I cut some pipes under the sink area. I shut the water heater off as a precaution and then once everything was buttoned back up tight, I tried to relight the water heater with no joy. The pilot igniter was not working so attempt one was to clean the contacts to see if it would generate a spark. No luck there, so I tried to jury rig a gas grill piezoelectric in line with the existing igniter and that did the trick. Hot water has returned to the 88 compound and the wife is happy.

We’ve gone from this
    a9fc8cea9479ffdd581bb5a7e71a2072.jpg

To this in just over a week.
    2dc0196ddc7d719a6868c01d6d58651c.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a reasonably good day today. Yesterday, when doing demo on the kitchen, I had to shut the water off for a while as I cut some pipes under the sink area. I shut the water heater off as a precaution and then once everything was buttoned back up tight, I tried to relight the water heater with no joy. The pilot igniter was not working so attempt one was to clean the contacts to see if it would generate a spark. No luck there, so I tried to jury rig a gas grill piezoelectric in line with the existing igniter and that did the trick. Hot water has returned to the 88 compound and the wife is happy.
    Every time I have to shut a water heater off I cringe.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    With yesterday and earlier today being heavy construction focused, the wife and I took the afternoon off. We watched ‘My Cousin Vinny’ and then ‘Saving Private Ryan’ after. Now, I’m sipping a bit of scotch and listening to Mozart while letting the evening wind down

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    BTW, if anyone wants a nice scotch to soften an evening, I highly recommend Glenmorangie ‘The Quinta Ruban’. Glenmorangie is about the only scotch I really care for. Other than that, I’m definitely more of a bourbon guy

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    BTW, if anyone wants a nice scotch to soften an evening, I highly recommend Glenmorangie ‘The Quinta Ruban’. Glenmorangie is about the only scotch I really care for. Other than that, I’m definitely more of a bourbon guy
    One bourbon, one scotch, one beer.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This Wednesday, it will be 4 weeks since I ordered springs from Wolff and they still have not shipped. They have not charged the order also though, so I’m just letting it ride. I ordered the needed springs from OCG and those came in a while back. The only springs left on that order that I really need is the mag springs for the S&W 4006 and I’ve been needing those for about a year. I can wait but if it goes too long, I might give them a call to find out what’s up.

I kind of worry about them since I’ve used their springs in lots of guns and they used to be really good. The last order I did shipped slow and there was no notification on shipping but this current order is far slower in shipping. But, like I said, there’s nothing in the order that’s really needed and they have not charge my account so I’m not really put out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    900 miles windshield time again today but back and get to sleep in my own bed. Been a busy 8 days of driving, packing parents stuff, moving them, sleeping on couches, doughnuts for dinner, and drive back. No packing had been able to be done before I got there since my brother has been taking care of my mom at his house since Thanksgiving. Back breaking. My brother will hopefully be able to take care of selling off remaining items that couldn't go, etc now that he doesn't have to be 24x7 care taker.

My wife was helping her mom pack up the previous week, as the in laws are moving to a different assisted living place. So seeing her for the first time in over 2 weeks.

Wife will be going back later this week for a few days to make sure her mom's move goes OK on the incoming side.

End of April, we get to drive to AL to my son's college graduation and then he moves to ATL in early May.

Everything happening at once is a bit crazy after a year of being low contact.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Evening all. Spent the afternoon/evening fixing up the new safe door panel. Painstaking but well worth it. No more piles! Will finish tomorrow. It's beer thirty.
    690c35de75b6d085e57767ea1a25751e.jpg
    Eff my stupid case, that is beauty.

Man you are a machine.
    I feel like it. This machine needs some bearings and grease though. Mrs.BRC and I are talking about renting an AirBNB somewhere in the UP as soon as my vacation kicks in in July. Load up the puppers and get outta here.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

We’ve gone from this

I liked the old kitchen better.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

We’ve gone from this

I remember what that's like.

E626C20A-26A8-4E05-B3C1-C4E7327E9B3A.jpeg
    4A6A96C9-7661-4D4F-9134-BD50AA576F52.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom