Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not bad. Still very, very sore, but the pain is manageable. Haven't taken any pain meds since Sunday night. Feel like it's going to be slow to get back to full strength, but it's going decently. Tired a lot, so thank goodness I work from home and can nap as needed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I got to shoot an old gun that a guy brought but knew nothing about. I’ll post some pics and Leadeye can educate me on it.

View attachment 134208 View attachment 134209 View attachment 134210 View attachment 134211

Old S&W 1917 from the Great War. The government bought them as 1911s were in short supply. S&W used their Hand Ejector model and Colt used their New Service, chambered in 45 ACP. Some sold to the limeys in .455. Use 45 ACP in clips or 45 AR cases, good solid shooting historical guns, many were rechambered in 45 Colt.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It was cool old gun, and shot very nice.
    The owner didn’t care much for it, because it’s old. Someone had given it to him, and he was not a fan of the moon clips.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't like the clips either, so I use 45 AR in mine.

You'll need a lanyard ring for that gun if you buy it, but they are easy to find.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Smells nice in here. Good afternoon all.

Been a busy couple of days. Unpack. So much laundry. Hit the demo on the playhouse half day until work yesterday. Today we hit the ground running as well. Magpie is officially signed up for Kindergarten next year.

I'm off Thursday and Saturday and have absolutely no time for pews. It counts if I just fondle them right?

And CZ!- mapping out the financials for my call to CGW in the coming weeks. I really want to do the sight cut along with the bushing & crown. Anyone else done this? I'll probably have to split the funds into 2 trips to Cajun. Slide work first, then pro package/framework. Also leaning toward an SAO setup. I'm going full monty on this one.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Smells nice in here. Good afternoon all.

Been a busy couple of days. Unpack. So much laundry. Hit the demo on the playhouse half day until work yesterday. Today we hit the ground running as well. Magpie is officially signed up for Kindergarten next year.

I'm off Thursday and Saturday and have absolutely no time for pews. It counts if I just fondle them right?

And CZ!- mapping out the financials for my call to CGW in the coming weeks. I really want to do the sight cut along with the bushing & crown. Anyone else done this? I'll probably have to split the funds into 2 trips to Cajun. Slide work first, then pro package/framework. Also leaning toward an SAO setup. I'm going full monty on this one.
    I'm getting the pro package installed now. I'm planning on sending the slide in to CGW at some point for the bushing work. Afterwards I'm planning on new sights. The pro package was my first priority. I think the Wizard is probably in the knickers by now but I'm curious as to which one is enjoying it more. :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    A10jHpEjz5L._AC_UL1500_.jpg
    it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom