Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Morning, all.

@Ruger_Ronin Dunno if this'd be of interest to you or not: https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/approx-440-rounds-of-30-30-win-ammo-496-c-dfc462bace
    Note, for Invaluable, the auction house fees are on top of the bid.

Someone with deeper pockets will get them before me. The fees on top of shipping will make them out of range. They'll fetch +$2/rd easy.

Speaking of hunting....you still interested in whitetail hunting before you leave the Hoosier state?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Someone with deeper pockets will get them before me. The fees on top of shipping will make them out of range. They'll fetch +$2/rd easy.

Speaking of hunting....you still interested in whitetail hunting before you leave the Hoosier state?
    I would love to do a little whitetail hunting here. But I didn't want to impose or be too pushy and ask about it. I think you said .270 and .308 were both legal on private land? If not, I will have to see how my 20 Ga smoothbore Ithaca does with slugs.

I bought that EGW pic rail for my T/C Dimension but the eyepiece on the Meopta 1-6x I got for it is too wide and made the picatinny not useful (short of a hacksaw /cutting wheel to cut off the back bit). But it doesn't hurt to have the rail to standardize as some future date.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I would love to do a little whitetail hunting here. But I didn't want to impose or be too pushy and ask about it. I think you said .270 and .308 were both legal on private land? If not, I will have to see how my 20 Ga smoothbore Ithaca does with slugs.

I bought that EGW pic rail for my T/C Dimension but the eyepiece on the Meopta 1-6x I got for it is too wide and made the picatinny not useful (short of a hacksaw /cutting wheel to cut off the back bit). But it doesn't hurt to have the rail to standardize as some future date.
    20g with rifled slugs will be fine for where I hunt. It's just under 40acre (I lease land from close family friends.) 270 & 308 are likely more than needed. If not, I have smaller cal. rifles you can use.

I was thinking you should go squirrel hunting with me in Aug/Sept. to get the lay of the land and do some scouting with me. What say ye?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Fair to midlin'', thank ye ! :wavey:
    Good to know. Woke up on the proper side of the lawn here. That's the hard part. The rest I make my own. Gonna carpe the F out of this diem.

Much looking forward to some friends, food, and general haphazardry this afternoon. A fellow INGO'er and good friend is coming out for grilled porkburger and Budweiser.

One of these days I will put a 97 in the hands of @RealHonestAbe and bring him to our fold. Because CZ?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    20g with rifled slugs will be fine for where I hunt. It's just under 40acre (I lease land from close family friends.) 270 & 308 are likely more than needed. If not, I have smaller cal. rifles you can use.

I was thinking you should go squirrel hunting with me in Aug/Sept. to get the lay of the land and do some scouting with me. What say ye?
    Sounds great on both! Agreed that .270 and .308 are more than needed, but they are currently my only deer rifles. I plan on assembling my .300 blk this summer. It's hard for me to justify a fourth deer caliber without any kids of my own since the recoil of the .270 and .308 (with limbsaver pad) don't bother me a bit. I've got little Leupold rimfire onto that Ruger American .22 and also plenty (and I mean plenty) of 20 ga light target loads that would be great for squirrels. Also, my Henry 22 is as accurate as I can point it. I've not gone squirrel hunting yet, but have been itching to do it for years.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Sounds great on both! Agreed that .270 and .308 are more than needed, but they are currently my only deer rifles. I plan on assembling my .300 blk this summer. It's hard for me to justify a fourth deer caliber without any kids of my own since the recoil of the .270 and .308 (with limbsaver pad) don't bother me a bit. I've got little Leupold rimfire onto that Ruger American .22 and also plenty (and I mean plenty) of 20 ga light target loads that would be great for squirrels. Also, my Henry 22 is as accurate as I can point it. I've not gone squirrel hunting yet, but have been itching to do it for years.
    It shall be so. I'll check season dates and we'll make weekend plans!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Good to know. Woke up on the proper side of the lawn here. That's the hard part. The rest I make my own. Gonna carpe the F out of this diem.

Much looking forward to some friends, food, and general haphazardry this afternoon. A fellow INGO'er and good friend is coming out for grilled porkburger and Budweiser.

One of these days I will put a 97 in the hands of @RealHonestAbe and bring him to our fold. Because CZ?
    Sounds like a great time is at hand for you !

I'm still trying to put everything away that was taken to the SGE.....at least the firearms have all been cleaned.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom