• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Pro-Shot makes a nice hardened stainless steel rod and it's in stock at Midway. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1255255400
    Looks like Amazon has them with free shipping. Thanks got one in the cart now.

OK, now ignorant question, as I'd like to get one just long enough to not have issues. For a 21" barrel, would you get the 22" (supposed to be length not counting handle) or the 32" to be sure it would d be long enough? Leaning toward the 32" but with these being so thin, would want to go just long enough, to help reduce flex a bit.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

OK, now ignorant question, as I'd like to get one just long enough to not have issues. For a 21" barrel, would you get the 22" (supposed to be length not counting handle) or the 32" to be sure it would d be long enough? Leaning toward the 32" but with these being so thin, would want to go just long enough, to help reduce flex a bit.
    Has to take into account the length of the action as well. Rod guide helps some and some additional guidance from your off hand too. If it's so tough to push that you're risking a bent rod, you need less patch.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

That's a good question. Hate to go through all that then come up short, too bad they don't make say, a 24".

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Has to take into account the length of the action as well. Rod guide helps some and some additional guidance from your off hand too. If it's so tough to push that you're risking a bent rod, you need less patch.
    OK, so sounds like 32" is the way to go. Should have figured in the length of the action, makes sense. I knew I wasn't factoring in something. Ordered from Amazon along with a nylon 17 brush and a patch holder.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    OK, so sounds like 32" is the way to go. Should have figured in the length of the action, makes sense. I knew I wasn't factoring in something. Ordered from Amazon along with a nylon 17 brush and a patch holder.
    As stated above, length from muzzle to back of receiver plus a couple of inches for a delrin BORE GUIDE. Another inch or two wouldn't hurt. If you haven't noticed, I really think you should have a delrin bore guide. Possum Hollow and Bore Tech are two good suppliers. They are firearm/caliber specific.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As stated above, length from muzzle to back of receiver plus a couple of inches for a delrin BORE GUIDE. Another inch or two wouldn't hurt. If you haven't noticed, I really think you should have a delrin bore guide. Possum Hollow and Bore Tech are two good suppliers. They are firearm/caliber specific.
    I'll check these out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom