Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm still processing what I liked and what I didn't. Mostly liked what I brought except for the Sig 716i. I whined about that earlier, so no need for a repeat now.

Doing an offhand 100 yard challenge with a 10.5 DD AR pistol was not well thought out. The M&P 15or was a lot of fun so I should really think about whether I want to steal the optic from it. The Tikka just needs a better shooter, so I need to get to work there. I'm really on the fence regarding the Magpul bipod. I love shooting long range.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I liked the shooting contests a lot, even if I didn't win anything in 2 of them.

This score won me 1st place at the 100 yard standing, 3-shot contest.

20210503_210536.jpg

This score won me 2nd place at the 100 yard bench, 5-shot contest.
    It was for points, but I couldn't help myself and measured it with calipers this morning. :)

20210503_210608.jpg

Not so good at the 200 yard bench, 3-shot for smallest group size.

20210503_210553.jpg

And the flyer killed me on the 50 yard rimfire 10-shot from benchrest for smallest group contest, otherwise I would have had that rascal Patience.

20210503_210621.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Bolt action or semi?
    It just occurred to me that I don't have a great bolt action .22lr. Would that let me really challenge Patience in a .22 match?

No, hardware will never trump skill and as I watched Patience put round after round through the same ragged hole, I knew that I'd have to up my game to give him a bit of competition

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I liked the shooting contests a lot, even if I didn't win anything in 2 of them.

This score won me 1st place at the 100 yard standing, 3-shot contest.

View attachment 138361

This score won me 2nd place at the 100 yard bench, 5-shot contest.
    It was for points, but I couldn't help myself and measured it with calipers this morning. :)

View attachment 138362

Not so good at the 200 yard bench, 3-shot for smallest group size.

View attachment 138364

And the flyer killed me on the 50 yard rimfire 10-shot from benchrest for smallest group contest, otherwise I would have had that rascal Patience.

View attachment 138365
    Nice shooting. Irons on the 100?

Evening all. Finally caught up with the thread. Glad everyone had a good time. Everyone leaving with same # of holes is always a +. Spent most of the weekend with the turkeys and a Pickle Lady. No projects, less than usual chores, just good old fashioned family time. No cheesecake though.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Nice shooting. Irons on the 100?

Evening all. Finally caught up with the thread. Glad everyone had a good time. Everyone leaving with same # of holes is always a +. Spent most of the weekend with the turkeys and a Pickle Lady. No projects, less than usual chores, just good old fashioned family time. No cheesecake though.
    Yes, irons only. My BCM has Magpul MBUS Pros with the rear being their Long Range version (adjustable for elevation AND windage).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom