Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I appreciate that. I kind of needed to take a step back from the world's problems and think more about the ones in my sphere. Life's too short to let Trump and Obama ruin your mood all the time.

Man I feel you there. I am stuck in the insane section a lot these days.
    I am glad to see you are well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm starting to think that I'm into problem children. I was taking a look at my round count records and realized that my most shot pistols over the last year are the ones that I've had issues with. My P07 in .40 has had about 1200 rounds put through it since getting it about 10 months ago, which makes it one of the higher round count guns. When purchased, it's reliability was garbage and it took a while to figure out what ailed it. But, since figuring it out, it's been a fun shooter and I really enjoy shooting it knowing that I had a hand in getting it to be reliable. Now, the compact 75B railed in .40 is the latest problem child. I think I've solved its issues and have found that I enjoy it a whole lot. The 40P was bought with full disclosure of it's issues and since figuring it out, it's become one of my favorite shooters and the round count is climbing on it as well.

While putting all these rounds through the guns that started out as problem children, my reliable guns have gone largely unshot, with one exception. My SP01 Tac still sits under the 500 round mark and others don't get shot as much as they should too. The exception is the P10C. I tend to shoot that one every week and the round count continues to climb. But, I think that I enjoy shooting the guns I've solved issues on a lot. I'm not sure if that's odd or expected though.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I'm starting to think that I'm into problem children. I was taking a look at my round count records and realized that my most shot pistols over the last year are the ones that I've had issues with. My P07 in .40 has had about 1200 rounds put through it since getting it about 10 months ago, which makes it one of the higher round count guns. When purchased, it's reliability was garbage and it took a while to figure out what ailed it. But, since figuring it out, it's been a fun shooter and I really enjoy shooting it knowing that I had a hand in getting it to be reliable. Now, the compact 75B railed in .40 is the latest problem child. I think I've solved its issues and have found that I enjoy it a whole lot. The 40P was bought with full disclosure of it's issues and since figuring it out, it's become one of my favorite shooters and the round count is climbing on it as well.

While putting all these rounds through the guns that started out as problem children, my reliable guns have gone largely unshot, with one exception. My SP01 Tac still sits under the 500 round mark and others don't get shot as much as they should too. The exception is the P10C. I tend to shoot that one every week and the round count continues to climb. But, I think that I enjoy shooting the guns I've solved issues on a lot. I'm not sure if that's odd or expected though.

We just need to take the good kids to the range, and leave the bad ones at home. :cool:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's getting really quiet in this thread lately. Lots of long time posters have not been on in weeks. Could it be that the Czickness thread has run its course?

Yeah, I've thought that for a while. I am glad that you and some others have kept it going. I enjoy having a place on INGO to call home. I'm not sure when the last time I shot was but it has been too long. I will soon be below double digits on CZs for the first time in quite awhile. Kinda makes me sad. I hope to get things squared away so I can start one last project gun sometime in the near future. Work is crazy and I keep losing people. I'm not sure I will make the next shoot but I am hoping to. Either way I will make sure the Wizard is free to go.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I hear ya BA. I'm an isolated northerner so I can't get to the shoots. Love my CZ family but I can't part with any of them, though. I've tried the others and I always sell them. I do have a pretty Beretta 92G for my barbecue gun that I'll keep but I fell in love with a friends Phantom at first shot and never looked back. I just love them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's getting really quiet in this thread lately. Lots of long time posters have not been on in weeks. Could it be that the Czickness thread has run its course?

I hear ya BA. I'm an isolated northerner so I can't get to the shoots. Love my CZ family but I can't part with any of them, though. I've tried the others and I always sell them. I do have a pretty Beretta 92G for my barbecue gun that I'll keep but I fell in love with a friends Phantom at first shot and never looked back. I just love them.

CZs are all I have now. I do love the Phantom. I think it is one of the finest and one of the most underappreciated CZs.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep, although they seem to be popping up a bit more often. I will say, you don't really have a CZ collection if you don't have a Phantom. ;)

:stickpoke:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, although they seem to be popping up a bit more often. I will say, you don't really have a CZ collection if you don't have a Phantom. ;)

:stickpoke:

Well.....get on board and find the much sought after seldom seen in the wild Phantom Shadow.

Some think it exists only in my mind but I know different.....Muahahahaha

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I hope that this thread hasn't run it's course. I'm just getting interested in CZ's, and plan on adding a second one soon.
    Someday, I hope that I can be invited to test one that's been Wizardized ! :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No range time for mongo this weekend. The rear brakes on the magic bus went wonky today. I drove it all over the state last weekend.....NADA. Did fine.
    Spouse and daughter were up north finishing the Christmas shopping (Yes....I said it, "FINISHING") and I got a call.
    Honey she says.....the brakes are making a terrible noise.
    Honey I says.....just get it home best you can. If it gets silly call Zores.

I get home and pull the rear wheels. Both inside pads are just the metal backs. The bottom floating pins on both calipers were seized and I mean get the acetylene torch out seized. Rotors are trashed.
    Fronts are just fine. Parts are waiting for me at Speedway auto parts. Pick them up tomorrow and get it back on the road.

Sunday the boy and I are rolling to Noblesville and getting the last Ric of wood.

Terrible Ted

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2014
    SW OH-IO
    Picked up my first CZ today. Point Blank is having a CZ sale this weekend. I'm in Cincinnati, but I believe the sale is chain wide. Got a P-01 for $550. Considering no FFL/shipping and a free hour of range time, I believe that's the best deal out there right now. Glad I got there early, as it was the only one in stock. I was on the fence between that and a Phantom. Decided on the P-01 because it fits the bill for beside gun (rail) and would be better for concealed carry (when I get a permit). That and it's just a damn fine looking pistol. Ran about 4 mags though it; no problems w/ remanufactured FMJ, hot FMJ, or JHP. Took me almost two mags to figure out the sights are set for combat hold, rather than 6 O'clock. I was much happier with it after that. Trigger is surprisingly good out of the box; one of the lightest single actions I've felt on a stock pistol. Overall, very pleased w/ the purchase. It's crazy how good it feels in the hand.

BTW, the guy at the Cincinnati store said the sale is limited to what they have in stock over the weekend. There was the full display case, as usual, plus 10-12 more on the counter behind. Lots of 75Bs (only one Omega), lots of P-07s, a few steel SP-01s and a couple Phantoms. Everything else was one or none (no RAMI). If you're only interested in one model, I'd call to see what's in stock.

Also, I'd just like to say thanks to all the CZ experts on here. I've been mostly lurking for the past few years, but frequently keep an eye on this thread. Thanks to you guys, I was able to weigh the pros and cons of the different models and walk in to the store with a good idea of which would work best for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom