The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    :whistle:

Pet peeve: It's a bit amazing to me to list a $3k + gun and take a picture of it that shows something that doesn't come with it. I get leaving the optic and giving a price with or without, but why not take the darn light off if it's not part of the deal at all. Just seems strange to me.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    More parts and chemicals inbound this week. Last weekend, I was able to begin development of B&W roll film and by the end of this weekend, I'll be doing prints as well. I've been ordering bulk chemicals to let me brew my own developers. This is a lot like reloading ammo. The best part is, I can shoot pretty much anywhere I want to. If it's a nice afternoon, I can sip bourbon in the back yard while shooting squirrels and my neighbors don't care at all even if their house is behind my target.

Unlike with guns, I can work on a camera, load a quick 10 frames and test it in the yard. If I work on a 1911, load a quick 10 rounds and test it in my back yard, people will complain. There are a lot of parallels between development in film photography and reloading ammo.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I’d like to have something in 22-250, maybe.
    My LGS owner has a CZ , I thought he said it was a 5 hundred something but I don’t know CZ rifles. Anyway, it’s in 22-250, with a set trigger and I believe he said a heavy barrel. It’s a one hole gun.
    It’s one he says he won’t let go of.
    I’d like to have one like that.

I remember when they were cheap and I didn’t buy any. Regerts.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Woodford reserve makes a pretty good rye whiskey. Just finished my ration for the evening. Been a short weekend for me. Back to the grind tomorrow. Lunch today at McAllisters deli with Barb was pretty good. We had butter pecan cheesecake for dessert.

Hope everyone's week is going well and positive energy is the order of the day. Pulled a little brush today to remind myself how out of shape I am. Exercise will gain some new emphasis this week. Not any fatter, just more out of breath. Not any thinner either.:xmad:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning

Figured out last night my digital scale for my quill travel is on the fritz. I was checking its accuracy with a mechanical dial indicator and it was all over the place. Bought a far better version online that is basically a vertical digital caliper with a self contained unit instead of sliding along a scale with a printed circuit board. I also didn't like that the old scale would only measure in increments of .002". I really like to see the half thousandth reading (.0005").

My plan was to stop using the table's vertical travel (Z axis) for changing my depth of cuts on whatever I was milling. Basically set the table height close, then use the quill's fine adjustment wheel for the rest.

1000005018.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Another new project car dropped off this week. Not sure the extent of this one yet. Customer has been all over the place with what he wants. He wants to fix his oil leaks and do some engine upgrades. But he doesn’t want to spend any money. And then he mentions that the brakes are sketchy and the suspension is all over when you hit a bump… I guess we will see. We focus on safety first….

1957 Chevrolet.

IMG_5281.jpeg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

Another new project car dropped off this week. Not sure the extent of this one yet. Customer has been all over the place with what he wants. He wants to fix his oil leaks and do some engine upgrades. But he doesn’t want to spend any money. And then he mentions that the brakes are sketchy and the suspension is all over when you hit a bump… I guess we will see. We focus on safety first….

1957 Chevrolet.

View attachment 323220

Sounds like his priorities are off a bit. Should be brakes, suspension, leaks, then power.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom