The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Morning folks!

Arrived at work yesterday to a huge pile of brand new parts and lots of work to do!

Brand new engine to prep for break in on the engine run stand. Two differentials to rebuild. Lots of suspension and steering components to replace and a wiring harness to replace as well! Should be a busy couple of weeks. Placed an order for a rebuilt transmission from a local shop. These kinds of projects are nice. Good customer of ours dropped his 1985 GMC k1500 shortbed off, wants us to go over the safety stuff and evaluate the body so he can decide if he wants to invest more into it. Body is super clean. So he says, alright I’d like to get more power and lift it a couple inches.

Look at parts options, shoot him a quote on parts, no labor. He doesn’t bat at an eye at $30k in parts! Remove and replace!

View attachment 322991
    That's going to be awesome. Starting with a nice foundation always makes it better.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's going to be awesome. Starting with a nice foundation always makes it better.
    Much easier and nicer job that way! Some projects we rebuild all the components, some we get to play with legos. Either is fine. Based on the year we had last year, an easy plug and play is a nice way to start off the year!

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    How is everyone tonight?

I’m chasing an intermittent parasitic draw on my wife’s car. Of course every time I hook up the meter to track and trace it, it is well within acceptable limits. So far I haven’t been able to duplicate it while my meter is hooked up. I think I’m going to have to install my meter and check it every night until it reoccurs. Fun stuff!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    How is everyone tonight?

I’m chasing an intermittent parasitic draw on my wife’s car. Of course every time I hook up the meter to track and trace it, it is well within acceptable limits. So far I haven’t been able to duplicate it while my meter is hooked up. I think I’m going to have to install my meter and check it every night until it reoccurs. Fun stuff!
    Parasitic drains suck!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Was someone here looking for a rifle in 17 HMR? This is a very handsome rifle!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Was someone here looking for a rifle in 17 HMR? This is a very handsome rifle!
    I’d like to have something in 22-250, maybe.
    My LGS owner has a CZ , I thought he said it was a 5 hundred something but I don’t know CZ rifles. Anyway, it’s in 22-250, with a set trigger and I believe he said a heavy barrel. It’s a one hole gun.
    It’s one he says he won’t let go of.
    I’d like to have one like that.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I’d like to have something in 22-250, maybe.
    My LGS owner has a CZ , I thought he said it was a 5 hundred something but I don’t know CZ rifles. Anyway, it’s in 22-250, with a set trigger and I believe he said a heavy barrel. It’s a one hole gun.
    It’s one he says he won’t let go of.
    I’d like to have one like that.
    Something like this? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1028371039

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How is everyone tonight?

You probably already know this, but make sure you're waiting for all modules to power down after you turn the key off, before checking for a draw. It's been a bit, but I remember something like 15-20 minutes being a good rule of thumb.

*Also, making one of the kids wait in the trunk to see if the trunk light goes off is not only cruel but, okay well it's just cruel.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finally got this AK47 put together. Test fired 10 rubber bands. Okay, it's a pretty cool semi auto. Oh! The burst switch actually works and puts it into full auto. That changed the whole experience. Wife and daughter liked that quite a bit too.

The safety is even functional. Whomever designed this is an engineering genius.

1000005010.jpg 1000005011.jpg 1000005012.jpg 1000005013.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ditto ! I didn't expect it to end up looking like that.
    But, save the 'Burst' for a T-rex, Spicy, not those puny soldiers !!!
    They were grouped up looking all suspicious and before I knew what happened the wife shot them all dead. I asked questions later, but they had nothing to say.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom