The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

The metropolitan area of Indianapolis will enjoy a generous duration of totality between 3 and a half minutes and 3 minutes, 50 seconds depending on which suburb or town you are within. Bloomington gets over 4 minutes of totality and Terre Haute and Evansville get about 3 minutes.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Shows you how much I pay attention. Looks like from start to end of the "partial" eclipse is around 1.5-2 hours, but the actual "total" eclipse is only minutes long. Keywords partial and total. I thought we were going complete blackout for 2 hours, so much for my plans to run around the neighborhood with just my tutu on.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

My house is a few miles north of the line of totality. I think we get a couple minutes of 99.93% totality.

While I hope it sparks the scientific curiosity of children and adults across the country, I, personally, couldn’t care less. lol.

That being said, I am sure I’ll be standing outside at 3:09 pm.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Shows you how much I pay attention. Looks like from start to end of the "partial" eclipse is around 1.5-2 hours, but the actual "total" eclipse is only minutes long. Keywords partial and total. I thought we were going complete blackout for 2 hours, so much for my plans to run around the neighborhood with just my tutu on.
    You're in much better physical shape than me ... 4 minutes of running would dang near kill me!

I say go ahead and give it a whirl. You've got 20 years to wait until this happens again.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    Morning everyone. I've been busy outside and just now getting caught up. My son is off work (teacher) and since the schools are closed our clan is headed for Camp David. I've been cleaning up the place for the party and it's shaping up to be a nice day. Getting ready to load up the 4-wheelers and head out. If I'm lucky, I might get some shooting too.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

Yeah, it's a fairly boring event that drags on. Totality is interesting as all the outdoor critters go quiet.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks!

I wanted to camp out on the deck with a cold beverage for the eclipse but wife decided we need to go to a watch party with some friends.
    Too social for me. Think the bowl of popcorn I ate last night is trying to have it's revenge. Belly is definitely "off".

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

$408

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning folks!

I wanted to camp out on the deck with a cold beverage for the eclipse but wife decided we need to go to a watch party with some friends.

Too social for me too. I'll be on the deck.

My 7 household neighborhood decided to have a party which sounded ok to me. Last I heard it grew and is up to 40 people. No thanks.:facepalm:

Top Bottom