The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Put 30 rounds through the scorpion to check function. Seemed to throw them out well enough. Now to order a brace and contemplate optics further.

Not much of an idea where they were landing given 2 front sights and me not bothering to switch over to my prescription glasses since the other stuff I was shooting had reflex optics on them.

Knocked some rust off and remembered why I need to do that before trying to jump right out with a timer involved.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Put 30 rounds through the scorpion to check function. Seemed to throw them out well enough. Now to order a brace and contemplate optics further.

Not much of an idea where they were landing given 2 front sights and me not bothering to switch over to my prescription glasses since the other stuff I was shooting had reflex optics on them.

Knocked some rust off and remembered why I need to do that before trying to jump right out with a timer involved.
    I don't have a PCC type firearm, but if I had a Scorpion, I'd check-out the Trijicon MRO. I've always read great reviews, and you can't beat a Trij for durability.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    First off, thank you all for your quick reponses about the bench rest equipment. This has been imensely helpful.

Unfortunately, I am now reconsidering this course of action ... anybody interested in a CZ 455 Varmint Evolution with 3 barrels?

Nah, who am I kidding? It's just going to take a bit longer to get where I want to be. Like anything else that I've started, I'll need to make due with what I have readily available and slowly add to the kit.

Lapua and Eley are where I need to start with ammo? Yikes! So, is it standard velocity or something else that I want to be looking for?
    Atlas - smatlas....

Get yourself an AccuTac bipod.!
    I don't have a PCC type firearm, but if I had a Scorpion, I'd check-out the Trijicon MRO. I've always read great reviews, and you can't beat a Trij for durability.
    I actually have an MRO Trij for sale but haven't posted it yet. PM if interested

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finally got to the range after almost 6 weeks. It was a brief test and tune session, but very enjoyable.

Function tested the Tisas .45 bobtail and Remington .45 govt. I'd made some adjustments on both guns, but wouldn't make time to retest. The Remington is so good now I had brass landing and hitting other brass it was so consistent. Unfortunately, I've struggled with the Tisas since day one when I bought it. It has always sent brass high in the air and not of the greatest consistency in direction, despite my best efforts to tune the extractor and adjusting the shape of the EGW ejector as well. So, an EGW ejector has been ordered along with a monogrammed barrel bushing and recoil spring plug (those will be used to alter the gun for a "bobnose" treatment).

Groups were good from 10 yards standing, even though I was trying to track brass ejection as the main focus. The Remington really needs a good set of target sights, specifically my favorite combo of a blacked out and serrated rear along with a red fiber optic front. Last I checked, Remington used a non-standard dovetail, so I need to research that further.

1000005849.jpg

Onto the 2011 guns. These hadn't been test fired since the red dots were installed. And I also needed to get a final test done before I rust blue both guns. Results were good and both guns look good in the accuracy department. There were some adjustments in there, so apologies about the doddg style confusing target. The Cheely gun is still experiencing periodic premature slide lock when shooting 10mm due to contacting the slide stop. I had this issue before and was working on making clearance with the EGW slide stop, but had replaced it with a 10-8 part, so I need to do some relief work on that one too.

Oh and due to more shop time than range time, I developed a nice flinch caused by anticipating the recoil with the 10mm guns. That's what happens when you get rusty.

1000005848.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I wished WT happy birthday three days in a row and got thumbs up every time. I know it’s not his birthday anymore, but I appreciated the positive reinforcement. I’ll take what I can get.
    His was a loooong delivery.

Happy birthday, WT! I been meaning to do that for 3 days. Snowman had it covered tho'.

Top Bottom