The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm sure that your correction is verbal, not physical .... a "leftover cat" is still a creature who deserves kindness. :)
    A squirt bottle sometimes helps as well...

Though this one will take a full on blast of water from the bottle straight to the face and just lick his chops.

He and my wife don't get a long too well, and he's been know to smack the dog around just for fun.

20231122_152038673_iOS - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I'm sure that your correction is verbal, not physical .... a "leftover cat" is still a creature who deserves kindness. :)

Yea, well, my kids got spankings and they turned out ok. Mostly anyway.

I’d much rather have the cat learn appropriate behavior than my wife endure an injury to her back falling over a cat. Cat (Monet) will even run between your legs on a staircase. A period of correction and she will learn - for a few months. I’ll direct said kindness to the Mrs.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

Though this one well take a full on blast of water from the bottle straight to the face and just lick his chops.

He and my wife don't get a long to well, and he's been know to smack the dog around just for fun.

View attachment 333130

Yep. Tried the water bottle. She thought it was a game. Came back for more.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yea, well, my kids got spankings and they turned out ok. Mostly anyway.

I’d much rather have the cat learn appropriate behavior than my wife endure an injury to her back falling over a cat. Cat (Monet) will even run between your legs on a staircase. A period of correction and she will learn - for a few months. I’ll direct said kindness to the Mrs.
    I've done a bit of similar. Our remaining cat doesn't run between legs while on stairs, but will at times post himself at the top of the stairs and decide he doesn't want to move and stepping over him and possibly taking a fall is not an option. He gets a "nudge" with the foot in those circumstances.

I've literally also had to set a pic between him and the dog so the dog will walk by him. The dog is a bit of a biscuit (that's what my wife says ;-) about the dog).

Our previous dog would get wound up if we just said "get the kitty" but our current dog is a lover not a fighter.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm calm, but I don't think that WT is calm ! :D
    My cat (Luci) doesn't try to wake me up .... she knows that I react badly.

I'm not overly comfortable with the words kicking and cat used in the same sentence, or post... ;)

Though this one well take a full on blast of water from the bottle straight to the face and just lick his chops.

He and my wife don't get a long to well, and he's been know to smack the dog around just for fun.

View attachment 333130

Water training is usually pretty effective, though not in all cases evidently. Beautiful cat BTW.

My Dad and stepmother have more issues with their dogs being underfoot and knocking people around, then any issues with their cats. I don't think it's as much a cat problem as it is a pet problem.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've done a bit of similar. Our remaining cat doesn't run between legs while on stairs, but will at times post himself at the top of the stairs and decide he doesn't want to move and stepping over him and possibly taking a fall is not an option. He gets a "nudge" with the foot in those circumstances.

I've got one that will go halfway down the stairs and stop. I either go around her or make use of the "nudge" myself. Would never actually kick an animal unless it was for self defense. Same with hitting. I've smacked my cat on the nose with a finger, but usually just use my voice to provide feedback.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've got one that will go halfway down the stairs and stop. I either go around her or make use of the "nudge" myself. Would never actually kick an animal unless it was for self defense. Same with hitting. I've smacked my cat on the nose with a finger, but usually just use my voice to provide feedback.

Ditto ! :thumbsup:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Our previous dog would get wound up if we just said "get the kitty" but our current dog is a lover not a fighter.

Oh. That’s funny because our dog knows the same command.

It’s pretty entertaining though. Dog will chase Monet around until Monet decides to be “caught”. Then they have a stare down. Eventually, the dog will look away AND THEN the cat pounces and the tables are turned.

Eventually, the cat gets bored and goes to the basement. Dog is not (never ever) allowed in basement. Period. Cats have their solace there. Yes…it is a finished basement.

We have another cat - Salvador. Does NOT participate in said games. lol.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Let me be clear. I like cats, dogs, kids, etc.

I just don’t like OUR cats.
    That's how my wife feels about the one in the picture above. He's always been my cat. He picked me and I'd like to think because I picked him from the shelter. I actually remember when we went to pick him up that he was spitting and hissing at my wife as a little kitten.

Our other cat that we had to put down in November was the family cat.

And the balance of power was OK when we had both the cats and the dog. Now that the other cat is gone, I think this one decided he was going to ramp it up on the dog, since he doesn't have anyone else to "play" with.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

Though this one will take a full on blast of water from the bottle straight to the face and just lick his chops.

View attachment 333130
    One of our cats tries to pet the dog all the time. It confuses the poor dog every time she does it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom