Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Over the last two evenings, I've been working to install an ICOM 5100A ham radio in my truck. What an amazing piece of kit. The complexity of this system is another world above my current set of HTs. I've been watching D-Star videos lately to learn how to configure repeaters and reflectors.

Best part of the truck install is that it's very much a stealth install. You have to really be looking for it to see anything different in a parking lot. Looking inside the truck will not give anything away.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Over the last two evenings, I've been working to install an ICOM 5100A ham radio in my truck. What an amazing piece of kit. The complexity of this system is another world above my current set of HTs. I've been watching D-Star videos lately to learn how to configure repeaters and reflectors.

Best part of the truck install is that it's very much a stealth install. You have to really be looking for it to see anything different in a parking lot. Looking inside the truck will not give anything away.
    I have a really dumb question... won't there be an aftermarket antenna of some sort?

(I know nothing about this sort of thing.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom