• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I know there is a knives subforum and I may wander in there, but what are folks that frequent this thread carrying for EDC blades? Anyone gotten into any auto/assisted opening knives. I haven't bought a new knife in decades since I used to frequent Smokey Mountain Knife Works when my parents lived nearby there. I'm still carrying a tanto tip Cold Steel Voyager foldable from decades ago.

I'll throw out a few quick things that have caught my eye recently, after I hear some thoughts. I'm not well versed in knives. I did reach out to Edged Tools and got some ideas recently.

Thoughts?
    Knife ordered. Pics when it comes in.

Worked with our INGO supporting vendor Edged Tools, who was gracious enough to answer many questions via PM right here on INGO.

Now I just need to find someone to sharpen my current EDC so it can be a good backup.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    That, my friend, is approaching the most ridiculous rifle you could ever use for prairie dogs; a Ruger precision in 6mm Creedmoor.
    And I loved it.

I think I would have loved the new to me 22-250 if Vortec actually cared to ship scopes to their dealers with a month and a half’s notice. So I had some 1-6 Trijicon tactical ridiculousness on the wooden stocked Remington 700 and while great glass just didn’t have the reach out to 500 yards, where we made a significant number of kills at.

I also had my old standby Savage model 12 in 223 with a bull barrel that I was ok with (once again, need to upgrade the scope) and my trusty AR that I pretty much stunk with.

That being said, Doc took almost all his shots with his AR and had quite a few shots at the 500 yard mark, checked a lot of shots with his new rangefinder and then confirmed those distances a few times by walking it off.

Anyway, you might not recognize the Ruger Precision because I wasn’t a huge fan of the Precision OEM stock and switched it out for the BCM like I run on all my AR’s. I think it’s an older one, because it has the keymod stock, which I’m also a proud fanboi of. Flame on…

isn't 6mm creedmoor a little overkill for the coke-bottle-sized-rodent prairie dogs..?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    isn't 6mm creedmoor a little overkill for the coke-bottle-sized-rodent prairie dogs..?
    Absolutely.
    That’s why I said it’s approaching the most ridiculous rifle you could use for them.
    A 17 or 22 will do the job just fine. 223 is “to big”, but we didn’t get hardly any 100 yard shots. These guys were shy from being shot at.
    So we had the reach.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Absolutely.
    That’s why I said it’s approaching the most ridiculous rifle you could use for them.
    A 17 or 22 will do the job just fine. 223 is “to big”, but we didn’t get hardly any 100 yard shots. These guys were shy from being shot at.
    So we had the reach.

Last time i was out there we didn't take anything but 200+ yard shots. Most @ 400+ yards.

I used several of my 5.56's

Got some stories I'll impart when I see ya next time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Last time i was out there we didn't take anything but 200+ shots.

I used several of my 5.56's

Got some stories I'll impart when I see ya next time.
    First time I was out there we would sit down on the bucket and wait a few minutes, we’d get a few off at 50 and quite a few at a hundred.
    I didn’t hardly take any shots past 300 on that trip.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Absolutely.
    So we had the reach.

Always wanted a 204 Ruger AR for my next prairie dog trip (at this rate probably in 2030…).

I do have an extra receiver set…hmm….

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom