• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    For the Linux nerds in the group. I got my second Raspberry Pi 4 on Friday night. Moved my Ubiquiti Cloud Key over to it this morning. The Cloud Key running on the RPi4 runs headless, just sitting on my desk.

Then took the RPi4 in the case with the built in monitor, and upgraded it to a 1TB MicroSD card. My Linux workstation now has a 1TB drive for storage. I need to see if this case handles a second monitor or not. If so, woot! If not, no biggie.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    For the Linux nerds in the group. I got my second Raspberry Pi 4 on Friday night. Moved my Ubiquiti Cloud Key over to it this morning. The Cloud Key running on the RPi4 runs headless, just sitting on my desk.

Then took the RPi4 in the case with the built in monitor, and upgraded it to a 1TB MicroSD card. My Linux workstation now has a 1TB drive for storage. I need to see if this case handles a second monitor or not. If so, woot! If not, no biggie.
    Thanks for confirming that I am an old, tech clueless boomer.

Now, can you repeat that in boomerspeak?

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Thanks for confirming that I am an old, tech clueless boomer.

Now, can you repeat that in boomerspeak?
    Don't feel bad, I am just an old Nerd that forgets sometimes how to talk to no techie people, unless I am face to face.

The Raspberry Pi 4 (RPi4) is a single board computer. It has a 64bit processor, built in memory, USB, Ethernet, Wifi, Bluetooth, etc. Instead of a hard drive, the RPi4 uses a microSD card. It is the size of a credit card. They have become powerful enough to be used as a basic low powered desktop computer. Since all the machines are the same, you can set something up on one, removed the microSD card and move it to another. It will boot up without an issue.

The Ubiquiti Cloud Key is a network management software for managing your Ubiquiti network equipment. In my case firewall, switches, and wireless AP. It can run on a Raspberry Pi 4.

I have two RPi4s, one is in a case I don't have a monitor plugged into that one. This is the RPi4 that runs the Cloud Key software to manage my network. The other one is in a case with a built in monitor. the one in the monitor case is my Linux workstation. Used for web surfing, and the like.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Afternoon folks!

I've been carrying the PCR lately and really like this for EDC. It is easy to shoot and is a nice, small package for EDC. I need to do a side by side comparison with my P229s to see how it measures up. I sort of did a bit of that last week, but it was not really apples to oranges in how I was shooting each of them, so not a great test. Plus, the P229 I was shooting had a dot and the PCR didn't.

I did figure out that I could put the PCR slide on my 40P to come up with a P01 equivalent. I'd love to find a bare P01 slide somewhere, but a quick search last week didn't turn anything up. I sure do wish CZ was as good with product support as Sig is. It's generally easy to find slides for Sigs and I've been able to pick up a few that let me run different calibers in different guns.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Afternoon folks!

I've been carrying the PCR lately and really like this for EDC. It is easy to shoot and is a nice, small package for EDC. I need to do a side by side comparison with my P229s to see how it measures up. I sort of did a bit of that last week, but it was not really apples to oranges in how I was shooting each of them, so not a great test. Plus, the P229 I was shooting had a dot and the PCR didn't.

I did figure out that I could put the PCR slide on my 40P to come up with a P01 equivalent. I'd love to find a bare P01 slide somewhere, but a quick search last week didn't turn anything up. I sure do wish CZ was as good with product support as Sig is. It's generally easy to find slides for Sigs and I've been able to pick up a few that let me run different calibers in different guns.
    Thought about maybe one of these?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thought about maybe one of these?

You are my hero, right now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hello My Friends.!!

The Big "D" is almost completed

I have 1 more trip to Versailles to get some big stuff - small load but heavy & large.

Not sure when that'll happen.

Prolly early August.

Miss all you cats - need to do some gun therapy but the outdoor ranges are sparse here.

Oh well - onward.
    I guess that's good and bad. Sorry life took this turn for you...good to see you are head-up and moving forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom