• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I told myself that I would hit the range yesterday after work. Instead, I started to paint the family room. The wife is not crazy about one of the colors, but I told her that she'd get used to it. :)
    So, you're saying you want to paint it twice?

Every time I have heard those words, and said what you did, I've ended up doing the job again. I've learned to stop and let her make up her mind these days before going all in.

That said, there was a situation where I think she wanted a room repainted from a color she picked to another and I did so, and then she liked the previous color better. On that one, she repainted it (third time) herself.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Appendix carry?

I have a good OWB holster ordered that should arrive soon that I'll try first. I'd also like to pick up an appendix rig for it at some point to also try. I've tried that before with no luck, but that was with my P10C. Curious if the Macro would be better for that position (I'm assuming being thinner the answer would be yes).

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a good OWB holster ordered that should arrive soon that I'll try first. I'd also like to pick up an appendix rig for it at some point to also try. I've tried that before with no luck, but that was with my P10C. Curious if the Macro would be better for that position (I'm assuming being thinner the answer would be yes).
    You, being thinner, could probably pull off appendix carry if you can find the right holster.

Waiting for this pic though with 2 Macros, (we don't need no stinkin' holsters)

(Seriously though I am NOT advocating holsterless carry at all, let alone pointed directly at ... vital areas)

(And no, this is not a pic of me. I don't appendix carry, I don't carry without a holster, I really don't like FDE handguns, etc. This is random internet pic selected. )

OIP.JnKckECNJ-fCKf1-Y8e4hQHaFj

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, you're saying you want to paint it twice?

Every time I have heard those words, and said what you did, I've ended up doing the job again. I've learned to stop and let her make up her mind these days before going all in.

That said, there was a situation where I think she wanted a room repainted from a color she picked to another and I did so, and then she liked the previous color better. On that one, she repainted it (third time) herself.
    There's a good chance that I'll end up repainting that one wall.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That said, I did recently realize I had an Alabama style kydex pocket holster(not sure it's an actual Alabama as I got in in a trade) for my P365's the other day, and I varied off of my normal IWB hybrid holster carry, as my back was acting up and it was for a quick walk with the dog in the neighborhood. The thumb shelf on the holster to help draw the gun, etc made drawing from the pocket very easy, but also the holster seemed to retain pretty well.

That pocket setup worked really well wearing a pair of cargo shorts and using the top, strong side pocket for carry.
    I've carried IWB hybrid holster for years, but this pocket holster may have a place for certain situations, including long car rides. I've carried IWB on many straight through long distance drives to FL, etc, but my back probably won't have that these days. Good to have another option.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I did just realize that when I bought this gun from an INGO member, it came with two holsters. There was a minimalist IWB holster that I just dug out and tried using for appendix and it definitely doesn't work to my satisfaction. To get a full grip I have to only use one retention screw and even then I'm a bit too... hirsute... for it to be an option.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I did just realize that when I bought this gun from an INGO member, it came with two holsters. There was a minimalist IWB holster that I just dug out and tried using for appendix and it definitely doesn't work to my satisfaction. To get a full grip I have to only use one retention screw and even then I'm a bit too... hirsute... for it to be an option.
    I have a N8 Tactical Xecutive for my P365 https://n8tactical.com/product/xecutive-holster/
    I often leave my pistol in this holster in my safe, grab it and slip it IWB. Usually at 3:30-4:00 but if I am driving will wear appendix as I find that is the quickest, easiest access for me while seated in a car. It is comfortable and barely prints. My holster will accommodate a P365xl but I have the x so the muzzle ends short of the holster end.

Just a thought. IMG_2251.jpeg IMG_2252.jpeg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a N8 Tactical Xecutive for my P365 https://n8tactical.com/product/xecutive-holster/
    I often leave my pistol in this holster in my safe, grab it and slip it IWB. Usually at 3:30-4:00 but if I am driving will wear appendix as I find that is the quickest, easiest access for me while seated in a car. It is comfortable and barely prints. My holster will accommodate a P365xl but I have the x so the muzzle ends short of the holster end.

Just a thought. View attachment 280291 View attachment 280292

Does that let you get a full grip on the grip of the gun? That was one of the problems with the one I tried is that it was very difficult to grip the gun to draw it.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Does that let you get a full grip on the grip of the gun? That was one of the problems with the one I tried is that it was very difficult to grip the gun to draw it.
    Yes, if you notice I have the belt clip adjusted as far down as it will go which keeps the full grip above my belt.

Pardon my fat

IMG_2263.jpeg IMG_2254.jpeg IMG_2262.jpeg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area

Just a thought. View attachment 280291 View attachment 280292

I have the same holster for my Springfield Armory Hellcat.

IMG_2497.JPEG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom