ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Over a drink sometime. Nothing too grandiose, just an epiphany of sorts
    Ok. So not like “rolled 20 times down the hill” which is good!

I wanted to take my Tundra down Imogene Pass into Telluride but luckily the Universe knew how stupid I was (am?) and dumped enough snow to close the road in early October, right before I could get there. Had a blast on the other roads and lived to tell about it.
    Thanks, Universe!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Ok. So not like “rolled 20 times down the hill” which is good!

I wanted to take my Tundra down Imogene Pass into Telluride but luckily the Universe knew how stupid I was (am?) and dumped enough snow to close the road in early October, right before I could get there. Had a blast on the other roads and lived to tell about it.
    Thanks, Universe!

Not quite that bad, lol. In hindsight, knowing I'd live through it, I'd have said "weeeee!"

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Most peeps are into different types of things. Cars, ham radios, Elmer Fudd t-shirts, etc. Which is cool, in my opinion, or we'd be a very boring species.

I use this comparison frequently since I've been around hand tools and power tools. I'm not a Harber freight tool guy only because I've use both those and name brand tools. Yes you can get more HB tools compared to say Milwaukee, Snap-on, or Klein tools. Yes the normally all do the job at hand but I've found that if you use them all hard you more frequently find that the Milwaukee, Snap-on, or Klein tools will last longer with use. I personally have found its normally a 2 to 1 and maybe sometimes a 3 to 1 replacement times between HB tools and the quality tools and worth it to apply the buy once cry once philosophy. Move to cars. There's Chevy chevettes and BMW m5s. Yes they both drive and get you to your destination. But there are those that do it better, more comfortable, quicker, and more reliable if you run them hard. A person can't race a chevette without replacing more parts, pieces, and even the whole car compared to one's built with more QC. You don't have to use your tools hard or drive your car hard but it's nice to know it'll be reliable with the ones that are engineered from the get go to do both.
    As far as shooting there's carry guns, race guns, target guns, BBQ guns, fighting guns, hunting guns, etc. Some are cheaper and some are extremely expensive. From $200 Tauri to $4k Checkmates to $10k precisions All normally put a round downrange and normally hit the attended target with practice. More practice with a certain platform normally the better the results. I'm not embarrassed anymore if someone out shoots me as there's always someone better and theres always more expensive guns. I compete against myself because I'm the only one that matters no matter shooting cheap or expensive guns. If someone out shoots me, cool. I will get better with practice and hopefully be back to out shoot the person that outshot me.
    Don't judge me because I like quality, purpose driven, non-clone, and yes sometimes pricey guns.

I like Jeeps too not Toyota Landcruisers, Dodge Durangos, or Chevy Blazers. :dunno:
    It's funny how we tend to find what works for us over the years. Sometimes, it's less the equipment and more the memories of operating it maybe. With me, I've found that Fiats, Toyotas and BMWs are a nice mix. Subarus as well, but we currently are without one. I'm comfortable working on any of those. Especially the BMWs. There's a lot of fun to be had mixing and matching parts there. One of my favorite family cars was my old 1992 BMW 525iT. That's a mid-size station wagon. I swapped the auto transmission for a manual and then drove that thing all over the place. As far west as Kansas CIty and east to DC and south to Columbus Georgia. It never missed a beat in all of the years that it was our primary family car.

I'm expecting similar experience with my Tacoma. The Fiats have been great to us as well. I've owned 6 Spiders and an X1/9 and cannot complain about any of them. With handguns, I've come to like CZs, Sigs, 1911s, and S&W revolvers. Don't really care for or want much else mostly.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    It's funny how we tend to find what works for us over the years. Sometimes, it's less the equipment and more the memories of operating it maybe. With me, I've found that Fiats, Toyotas and BMWs are a nice mix. Subarus as well, but we currently are without one. I'm comfortable working on any of those. Especially the BMWs. There's a lot of fun to be had mixing and matching parts there. One of my favorite family cars was my old 1992 BMW 525iT. That's a mid-size station wagon. I swapped the auto transmission for a manual and then drove that thing all over the place. As far west as Kansas CIty and east to DC and south to Columbus Georgia. It never missed a beat in all of the years that it was our primary family car.

I'm expecting similar experience with my Tacoma. The Fiats have been great to us as well. I've owned 6 Spiders and an X1/9 and cannot complain about any of them. With handguns, I've come to like CZs, Sigs, 1911s, and S&W revolvers. Don't really care for or want much else mostly.
    As time passes, our experiences merge with our desires and we stay in our lane. We focus. We perfect.

Well...you do. I swerve alot. Mrs. Mcapo thinks I am under the influence of a controlled substance...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom