THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This afternoon, my youngest and I took a look at a potential track car candidate. He currently drives an 88 E30 with an M50 swap on track days and has been wanting to build a new, more track focused car. This is what we looked at. It's a 98 BMW 328i with a bad slushbox transmission. We just happen to have a good manual transmission, drives haft, lsd and pedal box with a clutch pedal.

It's remarkably solid given that it's been sitting for a long time. The price is in his budget, too. That is, it's free. I'm thinking that we'll drag it home some time this spring and work on bringing it back to life. It should be fun.
    24c798e34aacf5ab1b3abcd850c9db61.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This afternoon, my youngest and I took a look at a potential track car candidate. He currently drives an 88 E30 with an M50 swap on track days and has been wanting to build a new, more track focused car. This is what we looked at. It's a 98 BMW 328i with a bad slushbox transmission. We just happen to have a good manual transmission, drives haft, lsd and pedal box with a clutch pedal.

It's remarkably solid given that it's been sitting for a long time. The price is in his budget, too. That is, it's free. I'm thinking that we'll drag it home some time this spring and work on bringing it back to life. It should be fun.
    Oh WOW! This looks like a most excellent project car!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Is it bad to want a new piece because you have grips you know will look ace on it? Oof, what if there are TWO of them for sale in the same frickin' thread?

Yeesh, I know better than to ask this crowd of enablers. I should delete this post before I hit the Post button.

Crappit, I hit the Post reply button. I'm a dope!

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Is it bad to want a new piece because you have grips you know will look ace on it? Oof, what if there are TWO of them for sale in the same frickin' thread?

Yeesh, I know better than to ask this crowd of enablers. I should delete this post before I hit the Post button.

Crappit, I hit the Post reply button. I'm a dope!
    Sounds like an opportunity for a matched set

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

That'll be really cool. :yesway:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I do have a CZ question..

My aluminum grips come loose on my Shadow sometimes. I plan on changing to a different set of aluminum grips. What do you all use on screws? O-rings, blue or purple loctite?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom