THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My first bowling pin match was fun, but I did terrible. The time listed is the best 2 out of 3 rounds added together knocking down 5 pins. I shot in the Unlimited Division using my Shadow II with a 2 lbs. trigger break and my Canik METE SFX w/ red dot. Next month I think I will up the trigger break on the Shadow II to 3 lbs and be able to shoot in the Stock division and remove the red dot on the Canik and shoot Stock Division. That would place me in the middle of the pack in the Stock division.
    https://www.indyarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/unnamed-1.jpg
    https://www.indyarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Stock-1.jpg

The key, for me anyway, to these types of things is to not worry about time and just learn what to do and slowly get better at it. When I shot IDPA for a while a few years ago, that's what I did. I took the time to learn the rules, learn the best way to shoot the course of fire and slowly improved. This sounds like it would be a lot of fun and once you shot a couple times I could see getting some decent times.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Network cabling is going well. The den is connected and rewarded me with this on one of the Linux systems. Tonight, I tackle the upstairs bedroom runs.
    3571cb28763c59c60082ec5b81e2f1a6.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Network cabling is going well. The den is connected and rewarded me with this on one of the Linux systems. Tonight, I tackle the upstairs bedroom runs.
    3571cb28763c59c60082ec5b81e2f1a6.jpg

I wish I could cable my house. Wireless doesn't get my streaming very well downstairs as I always have issues, even with the wireless strength showing excellent signal.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wish I could cable my house. Wireless doesn't get my streaming very well downstairs as I always have issues, even with the wireless strength showing excellent signal.

Ditto.

I did finally get a couple mesh extenders that dramatically improved the streaming capabilities in the hard to reach parts the house.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Starlink finally upgraded us to residential service. We survived with crappy DSL at 5 meg for years. Starlink had us un-prioritized for about 6 months till more satellites were launched. I’m now getting 200 megabits per second. Works very well. We can stream at 4K without buffering.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Got up this morning to more crazy pain. That said, started the work day standing at the desk vs sitting and that seemed to help. Went to the Dr, she took a quick xray, a few pressure tests, prescribed some steroids and nerve meds (just as I figured would be the case) and set up some PT sessions.

Came back home and finished the day with the desk at standing height (which does seem to help).

Starting the steroids tomorrow and took nerve med just now.

Sitting down for any period seems to bring pain.

Dr advised against the driving trip and wife did too. Wife is still going, and I cancelled the time off. It'll be me, the dog, couple of cats and hopefully some relief from the meds for a few days.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Are you going back to nights just temporarily or is this a permanent move. Remember you mentioning it, but wasn't sure if it was a short term thing.

Getting bumped to 3rd (same class, seniority rules). Hopefully for just 5-6 months. Can't bump a trainee so I'm going and not my handy helper. When he gets raised a class, I'm submitting paperwork that day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom