THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Got up this morning to more crazy pain. That said, started the work day standing at the desk vs sitting and that seemed to help. Went to the Dr, she took a quick xray, a few pressure tests, prescribed some steroids and nerve meds (just as I figured would be the case) and set up some PT sessions.

Came back home and finished the day with the desk at standing height (which does seem to help).

Starting the steroids tomorrow and took nerve med just now.

Sitting down for any period seems to bring pain.

Dr advised against the driving trip and wife did too. Wife is still going, and I cancelled the time off. It'll be me, the dog, couple of cats and hopefully some relief from the meds for a few days.
    Been right there with ya, Websniper. I have had 8 to 9 on the 10 scale for lower back pain on one side. Did the ortho visit, they did the steroid and nerve med scripts. It didn’t seem to help this time. I’ve just been taking it easy and lowered the height of the seat in my work van….it’s up there!!!! Last time, borrowed an inversion table- that cleared it up quickly. Finally bought one- should be here today.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been right there with ya, Websniper. I have had 8 to 9 on the 10 scale for lower back pain on one side. Did the ortho visit, they did the steroid and nerve med scripts. It didn’t seem to help this time. I’ve just been taking it easy and lowered the height of the seat in my work van….it’s up there!!!! Last time, borrowed an inversion table- that cleared it up quickly. Finally bought one- should be here today.
    Yeah, I did this route for neck, upper back issues that were causing the same thing down my arm a couple of years ago. That, PT, and changing my desk situation helped . I've had lower back issues for going on 20 years now, but this time has really handed it to me.

Hopefully this works. Dr said she has had varying results on the shots directly in the back, and doesn't like to go that route if she can avoid it. I didn't press for an MRI up front this time, like I did with my neck, upper back, since I've had some of this before. If the pain keeps up though that will be what I press to do next, to really see what's going on. I've got good insurance and already met the HSA deduct and beyond with my wife's conditions.

Hopefully the inversion table continues to work well for you. Not sure if hanging with my head below the rest of my body would be a good thing on my side. Tends to make me nauseous pretty quickly.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Similar results when I did the local gun club Wednesday Pistol shoot

They do IDPA/USPSA style and I had never been timed - plus the Routine ( shoot 3 - change mag - shoot 3 ) -

I was 15ᵗʰ runner up ... ( Last )

You were 15th but you weren’t last. You placed ahead of all the “capable” shooters (like me) that didn’t show up and stayed on their couch.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Just picked up my new P10C OR. Oddly enough it's made in the Czech Republic and not the US and the cowitness sights don't have the orange front sight like my current P10C OR and they may not even be night sights. Still an awesome deal for the price.
    Just picked mine up.

Made in Czech Republic. Sights seem to be 3-dot NS with a white outline around the front one. I'll have to get them to a dark place to confirm they are night sights but they appear to be.

Edit:
    I Czech'd, it does have night sights f/r.:rockwoot:

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just picked mine up.

Made in Czech Republic. Sights seem to be 3-dot NS with a white outline around the front one. I'll have to get them to a dark place to confirm they are night sights but they appear to be.

Looks like they are, since they light up when I walk into a dark room with the gun.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Evening all!
    Got my 97 over to the Wizard today but will not get to pick it up until next week. The Wizard and WT will test fire it on Monday for the first range report but from what Losey tells me I accomplished my goal which was to leave DA close to stock trigger pull but move the trigger back. He installed CGW reach reduction kit with the ’flat’ trigger and hammer kit with a race hammer. A little wizard magic and the SA looks to be sweet. Here is the “spreadsheet” @mcapo asked for.

1680215201075.jpeg

1680215247612.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Anybody looking for a 1911 to build the Springer in the classies looks to be a fair deal — $650

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The key, for me anyway, to these types of things is to not worry about time and just learn what to do and slowly get better at it. When I shot IDPA for a while a few years ago, that's what I did. I took the time to learn the rules, learn the best way to shoot the course of fire and slowly improved. This sounds like it would be a lot of fun and once you shot a couple times I could see getting some decent times.
    I think it will get better as I get used to it. I want to try several guns to see what I shoot best at this event .
    Evening all!
    Got my 97 over to the Wizard today but will not get to pick it up until next week. The Wizard and WT will test fire it on Monday for the first range report but from what Losey tells me I accomplished my goal which was to leave DA close to stock trigger pull but move the trigger back. He installed CGW reach reduction kit with the ’flat’ trigger and hammer kit with a race hammer. A little wizard magic and the SA looks to be sweet. Here is the “spreadsheet” @mcapo asked for.

View attachment 266592

View attachment 266593
    Bruce's 97 turned out great. I should clarify that the trigger measurement with the hammer down was taken from a line from the inside front of the trigger guard back to the front bottom edge of the trigger. The reset was measured from the lower front edge of the trigger back to the frame. I use digital calipers and my micrometer like bad eyeballs so lets say + or - .015 :laugh:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    The key, for me anyway, to these types of things is to not worry about time and just learn what to do and slowly get better at it. When I shot IDPA for a while a few years ago, that's what I did. I took the time to learn the rules, learn the best way to shoot the course of fire and slowly improved. This sounds like it would be a lot of fun and once you shot a couple times I could see getting some decent times.
    I think it will get better as I get used to it. I want to try several guns to see what I shoot best at this event . I set all my triggers to 3 lbs so I can shoot in the stock division with no visible mods or red dots.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I think it will get better as I get used to it. I want to try several guns to see what I shoot best at this event . I set all my triggers to 3 lbs so I can shoot in the stock division with no visible mods or red dots.
    Does there seem to be a caliber preference or just whatever you shoot best?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Evening all!

View attachment 266592

View attachment 266593
    Ah yes. A tuned CZ.:drool:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom