• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Horrible. :( Barely had life started.
    Vent all you want and don't get wrapped up in trying to make sense of it.
    Sorry for your loss.

45Guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Started to write this post a few times so please bear with me. Three weeks ago we got a call to tell us our youngest grandson(13) took his own life. To say we are devastated is a gross understatement. Never in a million years would we have seen this coming. Was just talking about him being so well adjusted and strong. We took him kayaking, taught him firearm safety, took to movies, he stayed here at grandmas/grandpas house as he was growing up a lot. He was avid in sports-baseball, football. Was well liked at school. Always had a smile and a laugh(even for corny grandpa jokes). We are just at a loss. We have been taking care of his older brother(14) most days since. Him and I have had several long talks, surprising how mature he is. He is dealing with it well, we keep him occupied as much as possible. Football practice helps with that a lot as most of his friends are there. Wife and I have our days, sometimes I go from why?? to anger at him. Cant understand this. Not a child into trouble or drugs. He did send a message to his friend. I'll leave it at that. I guess I'm just trying to think out loud. Thank you for listening. There really are no words to say for something like this. Maybe if this help someone to reach out to their own child/grandchild and talk to them even when you think everything is all right then I guess it helps. Again thanks for listening.
    My heart felt condolences. I lost my younger brother in the same manner, with zero warning. You and your famialy will be in our prayers.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    Started to write this post a few times so please bear with me. Three weeks ago we got a call to tell us our youngest grandson(13) took his own life. To say we are devastated is a gross understatement. Never in a million years would we have seen this coming. Was just talking about him being so well adjusted and strong. We took him kayaking, taught him firearm safety, took to movies, he stayed here at grandmas/grandpas house as he was growing up a lot. He was avid in sports-baseball, football. Was well liked at school. Always had a smile and a laugh(even for corny grandpa jokes). We are just at a loss. We have been taking care of his older brother(14) most days since. Him and I have had several long talks, surprising how mature he is. He is dealing with it well, we keep him occupied as much as possible. Football practice helps with that a lot as most of his friends are there. Wife and I have our days, sometimes I go from why?? to anger at him. Cant understand this. Not a child into trouble or drugs. He did send a message to his friend. I'll leave it at that. I guess I'm just trying to think out loud. Thank you for listening. There really are no words to say for something like this. Maybe if this help someone to reach out to their own child/grandchild and talk to them even when you think everything is all right then I guess it helps. Again thanks for listening.
    Sometimes the reasons are so complex and confusing it can drive you insane. Suicide often doesn’t follow a linear or typical path. It’s a desire to end overwhelming complexity- that decision can be made over years or literally in the span of a minute. Playing the “if” game is fruitless. Tell his story, honor his legacy by speaking to others about his life. Encourage others to have talks with their kids about suicide and how they feel. I’m so sorry for your loss, God bless you.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Just a sad feeling I have for you and your family. Hard to imagine your pain. May God be by your side as you wrestle with the understanding and bring you strength. Sorry for your loss.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Tough way to go about it... but you made the prayer list.
    I never could understand this kind of decision, word is I lose 22 of my brother, and sister veterans same way each day.
    My hope is that people still around learn this is not how you solve things...

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling.
    Please know that you and your entire family are in the our family’s thoughts during this difficult time.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
    I am not there, I do not sleep.
    I am in a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the softly falling snow.
    I am the gentle showers of rain,
    I am the fields of ripening grain.
    I am in the morning hush,
    I am in the graceful rush
    Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
    I am the starshine of the night.
    I am in the flowers that bloom,
    I am in a quiet room.
    I am in the birds that sing,
    I am in each lovely thing.
    Do not stand at my grave and cry,
    I am not there. I do not die.
    --Mary Frye

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    ... Suicide often doesn’t follow a linear or typical path. It’s a desire to end overwhelming complexity ...
    This is spot on.
    Also, the deeper the stress, the less likely someone to talk about it -- especially at that age.

Seemingly, how good or, rather, comfortable someone's life is, has almost no bearing on one's desire to check out.
    If anything, comfortable life in the West is a greater predictor for suicide (Sweden is the prime example), as it gives one ample time to think about abstract matters.

And what are those abstract matters presently? Given the current overall political climate, there's definitely very little room for happy thoughts.
    Catastrophe upon catastrophe, present, future, and even past.
    And whites are to blame for all of that, naturally.
    Mass media literally have death count tickers because "death sells."

The spiritual health of the West is in the shitter, and it shows.

Finally, the sheer amount of information is unprecedented. To put things into perspective, Twitter's highest tier API access is called "firehose" so that makes for a perfect albeit grim metaphor.

My deepest condolences to the OP.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I want to thank everyone that reached out to me, sent prayers and offered a kind word. Having better days now, other grandson and I have had many long discussions. He seems better and anxious to get back to a normal routine. He's learning to smile at some of the good memories and not dwell on the sadness. My wife and I are trying to do the same. Again, thanks to everyone for letting me just talk. I'll leave this thread open just in case Heaven forbid, someone else needs to read it. God bless all. He answers all prayers, just not always the answers we want.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ugh, so sorry to hear. i just saw this post. glad his brother is doing a bit better.

I saw a 9yo as a patient once who tried to hang herself. Another girl at school had said she's fat so she went home and tried to hang herself. She came very close to succeeding. she was adorable and not fat in the slightest.

I see so many kids with mental health problems it breaks your heart. but those are generally chronic issues. this sounds like it came out of the blue. Heart breaking :(

Will be praying for your family

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom