• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    My fiance asked me to take her skeet shooting on beautiful Sunday afternoon yesterday so we went over to Indiana Gun Club. I have only recently picked up the sport last spring, so as newcomer to the sport it was tough helping her get the hang of things at first.

The club was pretty crowded, so some gentlemen asked if they could join us and wound up giving her (and I) lots of pointers. They were very friendly and very encouraging that a female was interested in learning about the sport ("ah, you guys are still in that phase of your relationship where you like to do things together" they joked). Once my fiance started doing pretty well, the smile on her face told me that we'd be going out there again pretty soon.

Thanks to the guys that gave us pointers. You greatly added to our experience that day and helped make it less about giving instructions and more about having fun and enjoying the beautiful day. Now I'm working on convincing her we need "his and hers" shotguns!

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Glad to hear you both had a good time. Glad to hear that others helped and made the trip even more enjoyable for you both.That really helps out with getting newcomers into the sport. I'm hoping my first skeet/trap trip is the same as yours.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I had a similar experience at IGC years ago. They got me into Skeet big time due to their kindness and patience. With that said, I have met the same kind of people at Isaac Walton League, Waynedale Conservation Club (?), etc. Skeet shooters are good people folks, generally. I dearly miss Skeet shooting for just that reason. I need another skeet gun and I will be out there again!

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    :yesway:That is great to hear!!! I have had the same experience at almost every gun club I have been to. It seems like we love our sport so much that we are happy to help anyone and accept help as well. Every piece of advice I've been given while shooting trap or skeet was well intended and given by people who want you to have a good time.

One of the most fun experiences I had at IGC was with a gentleman, I don't recall his name, who was shooting a FINE Perazzi...I was alone and shooting skeet with my $300 Stoeger side by side. He approached and asked to shoot with me...after the first round he wanted to shoot a second but trade guns...so here I am with a piece of art just praying not to scratch it and this guy wants to shoot my beater as he'd never shot a side by side before. No big deal to some but I was only about 22 and new to skeet, so I was pretty excited. It was kinda like test driving a Ferrari after driving to the lot in a neon.:D

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    i had a similar experience at IGC. i have shot sporting clays for almost15 years, and throw in a little trap during the same time. friend and i went to IGC last year to shoot sporting, and while walking by skeet ranges we decided to try it by reading directions on how to. another shooter asked to join us ,obviously being ok with us, he walked us through 1 round, then our second round he shot with us. great people and dont hesitate if you are thinking about shotgunning......daryll

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    I am proud to say that this is the kind of thing that I think is the norm among the shooting community. To paraphrase what others have said, it's a shame that helpful spirit isn't more publicized.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I took my wife and an employee to the Walorski fundraiser at Back Forty Sporting Clays last Friday. This was my wife's second time shooting sporting clays. It was very windy and tough day to shoot but she did fine.

The best part was when she said to me "Honey, we need to come out here more often so I can get better" what a women. I have the best wife in the world!

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    One of the most fun experiences I had at IGC was with a gentleman, I don't recall his name, who was shooting a FINE Perazzi...I was alone and shooting skeet with my $300 Stoeger side by side. He approached and asked to shoot with me...after the first round he wanted to shoot a second but trade guns...

That is the definition of class.

Top Bottom