• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all the men and women of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. THANK YOU for the sacrifices that past, present and future Veterans have made to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. I can't stress enough THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    ^^^^ Exactly what they said^^^^ If I've ever seen you I would have walked right up to you and thanked you in person. It used to embarrass my children, but now that they are adults they understand the need to thank the men/women who keep us safe and allow us to enjoy the hard fought freedoms we still have today. Again Thank you for your service!

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree wholeheartedly! We are very, very grateful for all the freedoms that we have, that wouldn't be possible were it not for the brave men and women who fight and sometimes die so gallantly to preserve our way of life, with all the freedoms that entails. To many times we take for granted what we're used to as "just our way of life", and don't realize that we wouldn't be able to do this, or even participate openly in a forum like this, were it not for the Brave Men and Women who serve our country in all sorts of different ways. From the "Grunts", to the Nurses and Doctors, to the Air Force, Marines, Army, Navy, and all the Specialties in-between, we are forever, and very humbly in your debt. Not only are we free, our children, our grandchildren our great grand children, and so on down the line, if this old world lasts that long, will owe to you a debt of gratitude that even if all of us banded together, we could never repay.

So Thank You, just for being the person/people you are, you're a very special breed and maybe someday, in someway, either we, or our children, can show you how much we appreciate you. In the meantime, both Bill and I will continue to walk right up to any and all service men and women that we see, and ask to shake their hand, as our way of showing them the honor they so proudly and rightfully show to us.

God Bless and Blessings,
    7th Stepper and Bill of Rights

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    God Bless each and every one of our men and women that serve In the USA Armed Services,Passed and present! A heart felt thank you!! :patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    +1,000,000 to all the guys that serve/served, in combat or peacetime, your dedication commitment, and loyalty are most appreciated.

(Kut will have to do something for a certain 28 yr vet that sired his awesomeness)

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thank you and God Bless to all the men and women who have served in our armed services. Thank you for standing up and answering the call. I pray you live long and fulfilling lives in peace. A special thank you to my brother, (Ret. Sergeant First Class J.R. Smith 75th Rangers and then 5th Special Forces Group). 12 years in service with 14 months in Iraq and 26 in Afghanistan.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    No matter how busy we are at work, I'll thank every veteran I see, every day. If on occasion it irritates some ungrateful ass waiting on his/her welfare-funded prescription, that's just too bad. It's because of those men and women in uniform that such programs, bloated and abused as they are, exist at all.

Every day should be Veterans Day for every American. Every day should be Memorial Day too. The words "thank you" are infinitely inadequate. My babies are safe in their beds at night because Daddy has the right and means to protect them. That right, along with all the others, exists because of our men and women in uniform.

Monty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Happy Veterans Day to all who have served our great nation. Thank you for your courage and dedication. Thank you for our freedom. We can’t say it enough.

Special Thanks to my oldest son, Joshua, who served is a Navy Veteran and prayers for my youngest son who is thinking about serving our country as well.:patriot:

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I was just looking for where the appropriate place to make this thread would be. Thank you to all who have served and are currently serving. God bless you and the families with loved ones lost during their service.

:patriot:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It seems like I think of a reason to thank our vets just about every day, but this is their day of days. Thank you.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    To all those that have served, Thank You for your service and god bless! Now what are you waiting for... get off INGO and go get your free food from all those places that salute our troops!

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    I could not say better what all the previous posts have said. THANK YOU to all who have served, all who are serving, and especially to all those that gave their lives. May God be with you all. THANK YOU!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thank you to all veterans and those currently in the service of our country.

And a profound thank you to those who gave their lives so that Americans today could enjoy the freedoms this nation was founded on.

May God bless you all.:patriot:

Let us never forget these sacrifices made on our behalf, and may we strive to be worthy of that price paid for us.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    The Military

The average age of the military man is 19 years. He is a short haired, tight-muscled kid who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car than wash his father's; but he has never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, pursued some form of sport activities, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that either broke up with him when he left, or swears to be waiting when he returns from half a world away. He listens to rock and roll or hip-hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155mm howitzers. He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk.

He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain for him, but he can field strip a rifle in 30 seconds and reassemble it in less time in the dark. He can recite to you the nomenclature of a machine gun or grenade launcher and use either one effectively if he must. He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aid like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop or stop until he is told to march.

He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation, but he is not without spirit or individual dignity. He is self-sufficient. He has two sets of fatigues: he washes one and wears the other. He keeps his canteens full and his feet dry. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth, but never to clean his rifle.

He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water with you; if you are hungry, his food, He'll even split his ammunition with you in the midst of battle when you run low. He has learned to use his hands like weapons and weapons like they were his hands. He can save your life - or take it, because that is his job.

He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay and still find ironic humor in it all.
    He has seen more suffering and death then he should have in his short lifetime. He has stood atop mountains of dead bodies, and helped to create them. He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat and is unashamed. He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hat, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be
    disrespectful. Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for our freedom. Beardless or not, he is not a boy. He is the Fighting Man that has kept his country free.

He has asked nothing in return, except our friendship and understanding. Remember him, always, for he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood. And now we even have women over there in danger, doing their part in this tradition of going to War when our nation calls us to do so. As you go to bed tonight, remember this shot...

A short lull, a little shade and a picture of loved ones in their helmets.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Thanks to those of you who sacrificed your time and your lives to serve.
    And thanks to your families for the sacrifice of putting their lives on hold while they supported you behind the scenes waiting for your return... and worrying for your safety.
    Bless you.

Top Bottom