Text Released for HR 127 To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the posse

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I may be optimistic but I personally have not heard Biden mention gun control since being elected. I know he wants it but I don't think the democrats will do much this early in the administration. They won't risk the mid terms and loosing all that power. They will want to get alot more progressive/communist crap passed first before pulling the gun control lever Im sure they remember the carnage they suffered after the 1st assault weapons ban. After the midterms though all bets are off. Kamala will be president by then. And everyone knows shela Jackson Lee is a kook. So yea gun control is comming and in a big way but I think we have 2-4 years...So by the time things smooth out...well you know

1 - yes, that's incredibly optimistic.

2 - he's actually said, verbatim, what he plans to do and HR 127 is basically it.

3 - if anything they will be more likely to pass crappy laws/executive orders now while they have control of both houses.

4 - never underestimate your enemies' ability to do you harm or the time it will take for the harm to come.

The best thing you can do it get loud, and quick. By that I mean contacting all your reps, and going public with the law.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    1 - yes, that's incredibly optimistic.

2 - he's actually said, verbatim, what he plans to do and HR 127 is basically it.

3 - if anything they will be more likely to pass crappy laws/executive orders now while they have control of both houses.

4 - never underestimate your enemies' ability to do you harm or the time it will take for the harm to come.

The best thing you can do it get loud, and quick. By that I mean contacting all your reps, and going public with the law.
    All very good points I would agree. I guess I am hoping for the best but also expecting the worst

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This will not pass, this is unconstitutional. So silly that they waste everyone’s time with this “junk”
    HR 127 was written by the same individual who wanted the Mars Rover to go take a picture of the flag left by the astronauts. We aren't talking about one of the great minds in this country.

We can never give up. The Brits lost their gun rights by not doing anything.

Pass garbage and slow-roll it all the way to SCOTUS. Then after how many years of the unconstitutional law affecting the law-abiding (NY is the example) change the law you know to be unconstitutional at the 11th hour to make the case moot.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Pass garbage and slow-roll it all the way to SCOTUS. Then after how many years of the unconstitutional law affecting the law-abiding (NY is the example) change the law you know to be unconstitutional at the 11th hour to make the case moot.

Don't remember which it was but that was said by a democrat in Illinois. " I don't care if it is unconstitutional it will be the law until the court strikes it down." And "Don't worry the senate will save us." no longer works.
    That being said I don't see a chance in he77 this would even pass the house. There are a lot of democratic reps in conservative districts that know they will be tossed out of office by voting for crap like this. Jim.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Don't remember which it was but that was said by a democrat in Illinois. " I don't care if it is unconstitutional it will be the law until the court strikes it down." And "Don't worry the senate will save us." no longer works.
    That being said I don't see a chance in he77 this would even pass the house. There are a lot of democratic reps in conservative districts that know they will be tossed out of office by voting for crap like this. Jim.
    That depends entirely on how refined and comprehensive the ability to scam elections has become.

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    HR 127 was written by the same individual who wanted the Mars Rover to go take a picture of the flag left by the astronauts. We aren't talking about one of the great minds in this country.

We can never give up. The Brits lost their gun rights by not doing anything.

I agree, it’s sad it makes it out of a committee, you know?!

Mason513

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2020
    NWI
    It can be easy to fall into that trap of thinking the Constitution will protect us. Our founders were very clear about the reason why the 2A is necessary.
    Used to live in IL, got out as an adult. Never want to go back. I love my new state and am proud my kids will grow up here as opposed to there. Such a shame that so many are brainwashed just a state over.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It's been said the democrats play the long game, I think if they can get done what they want they'll sacrifice a few seats. The same thing happened with the original AWB ban but nobody came back afterward and repealed it. You need to stop it before it happens or it will never go away.

hamiltonrrwatch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2021
    N.W. IN
    OK, tried to keep it where it would fit on one page for print and mail efforts. Reading that crap makes me want to :puke:

Senator/Representative,

I am writing to urge your support in opposing what is probably the most egregious attack on Constitutional Rights in my lifetime, HR 127.

This bill creates the requirement for federal licensing system and registration of all firearms. Registration of non-National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934 firearms is currently prohibited under the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986. A federal system of licensing firearms owners is in direct contradiction to the 9th and 10th Amendments of the US Constitution. Registration has lead to confiscations of firearms everywhere on Earth, to the peril of those who obeyed the law.

HR 127 requires registration of all firearms in three months. There are approximately 400 million lawfully owned firearms in this country. The same government entity that takes up to one year to approve the transfer of a firearms suppressor (an NFA item) will be responsible for the registration of 400 million firearms in three months.

A psychological test for all licensed gun owners will be required under HR 127 (which will no doubt have significant expense associated with the test.) Liability insurance will be mandated for those exercising a Constitutional Right, and the cost of the license will be $800. Obviously, this is not based on the cost to run the licensing program, it is much more insidious. This is clearly an attempt to make firearms ownership cost prohibitive to all except for those who can afford to outsource their security.

This bill makes ammunition ownership arduous as well. Bearing arms (the right affirmed in the 2nd Amendment) requires ammunition. HR 127’s ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds bans hundreds of types of lawful firearms widely owned in this country.

Why does HR 127 define “military style weapons” under USC 18 Section 921? It is quite obvious that the description of these weapons (features which have nothing to do with how the weapon operates) will be used to identify them as NFA items like machine guns. The words “in common use at the time for lawful purposes” are definitely applicable. They were in the DC v Heller decision (2008), citing US v Miller (1938) concerning rights affirmed by the 2nd Amendment. There are over 16 million AR-style semi-automatic sport rifles currently legally owned in this country, the very definition of in common use for lawful purposes.

In a time when all of our Constitutional Rights seem to be in peril, the Founders' intent behind the 2nd Amendment can’t be underestimated. You must act in support of our God-given and Constitutionally affirmed rights.

Name

Address

Phone

This deserved more than just a "Like". Thank you very much for the work put into this. I just emailed copies to our Representatives.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This deserved more than just a "Like". Thank you very much for the work put into this. I just emailed copies to our Representatives.
    Now that I've got it cleaned up thanks to fellow INGOers it's a better product. I usually don't draft stuff like this on Friday nights, for a reason.

scottyd2506

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012

That guy prob has a Swastika on his sleave.

Well, Things have changed. democrats are brave now, not having to worry about fence voters who may be angered. Dominian voting machines will fix a lot of those issues, Mail in ballots that require no ID to match and easily counterfeited will give them plenty of votes.

Dems don't care, there is no proof what so ever of any of this liberals will say..

and when you do show them proof: some even on video..

forcing GOP poll watchers to sit at a back of a room, while they count and then sending them home at 10pm and continue counting the way they want.
    1000's and 1000's of poll watchers, even some democrat have sworn to have seen fraud. Yet courts just say "not enough. ``100's of districts in many states show example 15,000 registered voters and 17,000 votes mostly Biden.
    Some show 20,000 registered voters and 42,000 or so votes, almost all Biden. yep 101% to 202% turnout.

Yet when you show all this proof and witnesses, the courts just say, "not enough proof to show it could change the outcome, we will not even see the case." BAM done.

What I'm, saying is, I'm sure Chuck Schumer has put his hand on a dem congressman's shoulder, from a Republican district and wispered into his/her ear & said.
    "Don't worry, about pi$$ing those voters off, we will make sure you get re-elected, if you vote with us"

Biden is trying to pass a nationwide bill to force all states to go "mail in".. Before 2022, they will force the Dominian machines to be used, take my word.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah the problem is some of this garbage might be hidden in the next 1,000 page spending package. That's the only thing that passes in the house these days.
    or buried in one of the dozens of executive orders Biden is going to sign.
    He's already signed over 40 so who knows what he has signed because he doesn't.

In 2 years congress can be changed and laws changed if there is enough constitution loving leadership in office.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    You're starting to catch on. (Rant clipped)

I believe already caught on, I'm not an extremist so I'm willing to listen to anyone that's rational & reasonable.

The term is 'Backlash'.

Things go on too many times, and for too long, the opposition tends to go way too far trying to prevent whatever it is that's annoying/threatening them,
    Then we see Backlash.

Now, like I've said so many times before,
    This is coming, and if firearms owners didn't get out in front of it, someone would do it for them...
    And here they are, the uneducated *Thinking* they have a "Solution"...

That *Assumes* the original post quotes true & factual information in the first place...
    Remember, there are a crap ton of 'Extremists' on this forum that tend NOT to fact check, take the far right propaganda at face value...
    Then add their own twist to it.

What is actually in print...

This is obviously stillborn as a bill that could get passed, it's an opening for debate, has no co-sponsors and therefore looking bad for any type of passage.

It's obviously an opening volley, or a political stunt to fulfil campaign promises to introduce crap like this.

Updates & maybe backroom debates is all this one is going to get,
    It's the NEXT ONE you may have to watch for...
    Like internet arguments, an idiot throws out something stupid, then gets an education from someone that actually knows what they are talking about.

Like I've said so many times, we don't pick the best, smartest people for congress,
    If we are lucky, we get a choice on who will do the least damage while making themselves rich.
    Right Wing, Left Wing, same bird, same crap, same idiots in office an average of 32 or more years.

Top Bottom