• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I grew up in a town of less than 200 (and I think that was counting the cats and dogs),
    Like I said, I don't dispute that we have problems in small town America, the difference comes in how they are looked upon and treated IE, what is the socially accepted response. Apparently, in the city it's socially acceptable to make jokes about murder, it's not acceptable where I'm from and it will get shut down pronto if heard in public by any number of locals. If you can't see that difference then you were likely one of the problems in the small town you came from, it's probably a good thing you moved to the city, we don't care for your kind 'round these parts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Limp wristing a glock doesnt cause slide lock. it FTEs and almost goes back into battery because the slide doesnt totally cycle. I specifically remember this because John Murphy demonstrated this with my pistol last weekend to show everyone the hazards of an improper grip with tactical tupperware. (or Stovepipes)

But how old is that picture? (I purposefully didnt watch that video so I honestly dont know) Lots of kids go wrong after an apparently uneventful and wholesome childhood. Ted Bundy and Charles Whitman were both Boy Scouts. Just sayin.

Sept 2016, so less than a year and a half ago.
    https://wvfest.com/winners/cassandra-damper

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know where the door is! As far as your entire first paragraph, BS! INGO is a far shade more family friendly than it “used” to be. And it has NEVER been the utopia you describe?

I agree with this. I strive to keep the site flowing.
    If anyone thinks they can do a better job let me know.

CB....I am from farm people out in Putnam County. There are folks out there (some related to me) that would make you faint. Seriously.

Again we all have our perspectives. What we have seen and experienced personally sets up these perspectives. Ingo used to be the wild wild west by comparison to these days. Think as you will.

To waste a life is never a good thing. Sometimes Darwin is on duty. All I got here.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Apparently, in the city it's socially acceptable to make jokes about murder, it's not acceptable where I'm from

Nothing to do with location. It's an internet thing. You can't expect real-life behavior to be mirrored perfectly on a semi-anonymous message board.

That's all there is to this, now let's all get back to being cooooool

RGjdwhl.gif

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Like I said, I don't dispute that we have problems in small town America, the difference comes in how they are looked upon and treated IE, what is the socially accepted response. Apparently, in the city it's socially acceptable to make jokes about murder, it's not acceptable where I'm from and it will get shut down pronto if heard in public by any number of locals. If you can't see that difference then you were likely one of the problems in the small town you came from, it's probably a good thing you moved to the city, we don't care for your kind 'round these parts.

Speech getting shut down by the locals? That's honestly pretty creepy.

Around these parts? Who are you, Yosemite Sam? :laugh:

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Countryboy19, what you describe as "disrespectful," I see as coping. I've seen stuff like this in person. I've held dead babies. I've seen a 10 year old kid hang himself and he made it to the hospital just in time to be braindead for the rest of his life. I've seen the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters of these people, unwilling and unable to accept what had just happened.

So I crack a joke every once in a while. If I let the weight of that stuff, this video included, rest upon my shoulders, it would crush me. So I laugh at it, and let it roll off. It's not disrespectful of life. I do not cheapen the value of a life. For me, and for many others, it's a way of dealing with the trauma in a constructive way. If you've never had to experience that, count your blessings, and I hope you never do, but do not come here and pass judgement upon us for our expression of grief.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Countryboy19, what you describe as "disrespectful," I see as coping. I've seen stuff like this in person. I've held dead babies. I've seen a 10 year old kid hang himself and he made it to the hospital just in time to be braindead for the rest of his life. I've seen the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters of these people, unwilling and unable to accept what had just happened.

So I crack a joke every once in a while. If I let the weight of that stuff, this video included, rest upon my shoulders, it would crush me. So I laugh at it, and let it roll off. It's not disrespectful of life. I do not cheapen the value of a life. For me, and for many others, it's a way of dealing with the trauma in a constructive way. If you've never had to experience that, count your blessings, and I hope you never do, but do not come here and pass judgement upon us for our expression of grief.

Bingo. If one gnashes his teeth and rends his garments every time he sees something bad happen, he will not be long for the sane world.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    INGO is a far shade more family friendly than it “used” to be.
    How-so?
    What's a good, wholesome country boy like yourself doing on Reddit?
    I'm not, won't catch me anywhere close to that place but more and more INGO feels like it sometimes...
    But how old is that picture?
    I'm going to guess September 2016... not sure what is telling me that, it's just a hunch...
    I for one find it refreshing how the thug culture, and the stupid alike, self select out of the gene pool?
    I don't mind when they self-select out either, but I don't casually joke about death/murder like its a game. It's a fact of life that if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. It seems that at a minimum this guy was mixed with the wrong crowd, it's possible he was involved in illegal activities. Doesn't mean jokes are ok.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We wonder why children today don't seem to value human life as "we" do. Reading through this thread I begin to wonder who this "we" is.

The majority still do. You just don't hear about them. The media uses the ones who don't for profit.

The 14 year old who kills his parents and siblings makes international news.

The 14 year old who saves the old people next door from a fire just makes the local news.

Go figure.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You know where the door is! As far as your entire first paragraph, BS! INGO is a far shade more family friendly than it “used” to be. And it has NEVER been the utopia you describe?

Yep, a lot of things that flew in 2008, most certainly won't fly now. ;)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Countryboy19, what you describe as "disrespectful," I see as coping.
    If it really is a coping mechanism that F'd up...

So lets change the circumstances... your grandma gets lost in Indy one day... it's not her fault, she's aging, got turned around, and mixed up, and she finds her way to a not so savory part of town. The specific circumstances are unknown but what is known is that she catches a bullet right in the old noggin'; we're not sure if it was intended for her or not. Will your coping mechanism be to say "guess grandma couldn't wrap her mind around the directions I gave as well as she was able to wrap her mind around that bullet"?

If so you need some mental health exams because that's not a coping mechanism, that's some sort of psychological problem. If that's not your coping mechanism why? Because it's YOUR grandma and not somebody else's? Congratulations, you just discovered what I'm trying to say about common decency. You don't have to think this guy was innocent, but you can still treat him and his family with dignity & respect while thinking that "he had it coming".

Top Bottom